It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:23 am

Mouse + Keyboard control option

...and here we talk about reviews, gameplay, cool ideas for Anomaly Warzone Earth and stuff like that. And it's for PC and Mac computer users too.

Mouse + Keyboard control option

Postby ZildjianKX » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:33 pm

I really love Anomaly, but would love to see an additional control option that is identical to the current mouse controls, but that also allows movement with ASDW and the arrow keys (or just adding this to the current mouse controls). I'm having trouble with the controls since I prefer using the mouse for parts of the game (like choosing vehicle paths, or using the scroll wheel to go to the tactical view), but prefer using keyboard keys to move around. Any chance of this getting added?

Thanks!
ZildjianKX

Re: Mouse + Keyboard control option

Postby ElevatorEleven » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:49 pm

I think it's usually frowned upon to post in a thread this old, but I'll hold to my principle that it's better than starting a new thread that would be exactly the same.

Why isn't there a keyboard AND mouse control option? Selecting Keyboard as a controller switches off the mouse, and selecting mouse switches off the keyboard. No other game I have ever played or seen does this. They don't do it because it is a terrible thing to do.

I don't want to be rude here, really, I'm just having a really bad day. I tried the demo on Steam and I'm convinced the demo had both the mouse and keyboard functional when I played it just the other day. Borrowing a friend's account to check the demo again now that I've bought it, I find it doesn't, so either I'm losing my memory, going insane, or this function was present in the demo only until very very recently. I just bought the game during a mid-week sale, after finishing the demo, and I was looking forward to breezing through the first two levels before heading off to bed, but instead I get killed twice, during the tutorial, on the easiest difficulty, because I'm hitting the mouse button to bring up my tactical map and it doesn't do it because I'm using the keyboard.

This is all easily and instantly ruining this entire game for me. Whether it was a recent change, a glitch, a hallucination, or whatever, I played the demo using both the keyboard and the mouse together and it was great, but now I have to wrestle with my own muscle memory just to use a repair kit in the right spot, and nothing is even shooting at me yet.
Last edited by ElevatorEleven on Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ElevatorEleven

Postby 11bit_dude » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:49 pm

It doesn't use WSAD + mouse, but it does support mouse + keyboard where mouse is for controlling commander and tactical map, while keyboard is for the rest of functions. It was always the same in demo.

So you just need to select mouse as the controller and go on with it. Please pay attention to the tutorial missions to know what keys are responsible for relevant functions. Or you can always press F1 and display Help Screen with all controlling keys / buttons displayed.
thx
11bit_dude

Postby ZildjianKX » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:37 pm

Any chance of getting a new control scheme added? I'm still really finding it really hard to use, and I'm apparently not the only one.
ZildjianKX

Postby 11bit_dude » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:55 am

What is the hardest part? I'll try to help.
11bit_dude

Postby ZildjianKX » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:58 pm

Well, basically I feel that the character controls much better/more naturally with the keyboard, but choosing the keyboard layout disables the mouse for the tactical view (where you choose your routes) and for the vehicle purchase menu.

Basically, I think the keyboard works better for parts of the game, and the mouse for other parts, but there is no way to use them both right now.
ZildjianKX

Postby ElevatorEleven » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:38 pm

Yes, exactly.

The mouse is much better for dropping tactical equipment, the repair beacon and smoke bomb etc. It's much faster than aiming with the keys. In the tactical map, using the mouse is vastly more intuitive and quick to click on intersections. However, moving the commander around is easily better with the keyboard.

My ideal control scheme is using the WASD setup for commander movement and using the mouse for deploying supplies and making changes to the map, and using some of the keys around the WASD for opening the map. I still swear I was able to do this when I played the demo somehow. Maybe I am going insane.
ElevatorEleven

Postby admin » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:58 am

The demo is still available - the game has the same controls system.
admin
Site Admin

Postby ZildjianKX » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:51 pm

So any chance of this getting added? :(
ZildjianKX

Postby admin » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:57 pm

I don't think we could currently develop new control system.
admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Anomaly Warzone Earth general discussion