It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:47 am

Game won't start - "This game is unavailable" - SOLVED!

So here we talk about anything that touches technical issues of Anomaly Warzone Earth for your PC and / or Mac computer and consoles (X360, PS3) as well. Please ask for technical support here.

Game won't start - "This game is unavailable" - SOLVED!

Postby kirbinski » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:35 am

Hi, when I try and run the game from within Steam I get the following error message:

"This game is currently unavailable. Please try again at another time".

I've exhausted all the solutions provided by Steam for the above message and none have worked.

If I try and run the Anomaly Warzone Earth exe file directly I get the following error message:

"The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more details."

Please help!
Thanks
kirbinski

Re: Game won't start - "This game is currently unavailable..

Postby kirbinski » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:35 pm

Managed to solve my own problem!

I uninstalled all instances of "Microsoft Visual C++ Redistribution" using add/remove programs; I then reinstalled the "vcredist_x86.exe" from the Anomaly Warzone Earth directory.

Hope that helps anyone else having a similar problem.
kirbinski

Re: Game won't start - "This game is unavailable" - SOLVED!

Postby admin » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:09 am

Thanks for reporting, that may be useful for other Anomaly players!
admin
Site Admin

re:

Postby Ferigreansins » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:55 pm

+1
Ferigreansins

Postby Grnat » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:33 am

This didn't work for me, I'm going to try uninstalling game through steam then have another shot. I uninstalled anything with Microsoft Visual in front of it. Was that what you did? There were about 15 different things to uninstall.
Grnat

Postby admin » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:36 am

It is a badly written application - one version of visual conflicts with another...
Try also updating windows - that helps often.
admin
Site Admin

Postby madjoseph » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:50 am

Any chance there will be a patch for those of us, less astute and less sober than other players? I dislike playing around on my system like this--especially since the game ran well when purchased.

Thanks
madjoseph

Postby admin » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:36 am

madjoseph wrote:Any chance there will be a patch for those of us, less astute and less sober than other players? I dislike playing around on my system like this--especially since the game ran well when purchased.

Thanks

Hi,
That's the thing. It's not a game issue, but a system issue. You'd need to clear it out of other Visual versions, make the update and run the game again.
admin
Site Admin

Postby madjoseph » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:16 am

Hi, Thanks for the quick response. But I'm sorry, could you please be more specific concerning what files need to be deleted and what needs to be updated.

Sorry to be so thick-headed, but I'm not really very good at this stuff.

thanks.
madjoseph

Postby admin » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:17 am

Hi,
No problem ;)

Windows needs to be updated (this is related to proper libraries placement).

In Windows 7 (and Vista afaik) usually updates pop up automatically, if they don't, then please click on Start and right above the Start you have an empty search field. Just type "windows update" in there and you'll have it found.

In Windows XP, you need to click on Start and there you have the Windows Update option. If you haven't been updating it for a long time, that means you may have a lot of updates to download.

To be safe, you could also update graphics driver (depending on what you have, you'd need to go to Nvidia, ATI, Intel or other website and download latest drivers). However, as I see, the issue is rather not related to the drivers.

Then you'd need to clear situation with different Microsoft Visual versions. To do that, please enter Control Panel (Start --> Control Panel) and then please enter Add/Remove Programs. Most likely, you'll have a lot of different Microsoft Visual versions installed. You could uninstall those. It should help.

However, sometimes when a lot of software was installed onto the system, it may work incorrectly and - since many games use Microsoft Visual - the games may work incorrectly or not work at all, becuase MV is a software that conflicts one version with another. The best solution then, although not welcome certainly, would be to format the disc and start a fresh system.

thx
admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Anomaly Warzone Earth technical issues & support for: PC, Mac, X360 and PS3