It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:16 pm

Game will not start (STEAM)

So here we talk about anything that touches technical issues of Anomaly Warzone Earth for your PC and / or Mac computer and consoles (X360, PS3) as well. Please ask for technical support here.

Game will not start (STEAM)

Postby tr0yst3r » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:55 pm

I've had this game in my library for some time now and decide to try it recently. I got the game as a key for STEAM.
The downloads, but as I try to play it I get "Unknown Error" from steam. I've been looking for ways around this but I still have yet to resolve the problem.

I am running Vista x64 with an ATI 7790.
I've done windows updates, driver updates, delete and re-install the game, verified file integrity, and so on.
Is there a way to fix this?
tr0yst3r

Re: Game will not start (STEAM)

Postby admin » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:59 am

Hi,
Is this ATI HD 7790? We have this one "on board" and the game runs fine on it.

There could be one issue that happens if you have a firewall - some firewalls block games. Please make sure the game is not on the list of blocked programs in your antivirus software.

If that won't help, there's not much I can do without a debugger. Steam refund perhaps? :(
admin
Site Admin

Postby tr0yst3r » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:36 pm

Yep it is the AT HD 7790.
Error specifies to be "Failed to Start the Game (Missing Executable)".
Also when I try to run direct from LOCAL directory it runs error as "failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail"

I have tried running and re-installing with every firewalls and anti-virus software turned off even though I already have the game on unblock list for all of them and still no luck.

On the STEAM community boards, there were some users having the same issue and someone posted that the .exe is not up to date. They somehow found a fix by replacing that file from the humblebundle version. I tried it, but had no luck since they were running on Linux and the file they were distributing wasn't in .exe format.

Is it possible that the .exe is just bugged for me?
tr0yst3r

Postby tr0yst3r » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:15 pm

Managed to fix it. Found out my anti-virus is bugged and features weren't working properly. I uninstalled it and the game was able to start.

Thanks for the help and quick reply!
tr0yst3r

Postby admin » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:54 am

Hi,
Glad to know.

I found out that not only our game is blocked by anti-virus. It happens to many Steam games, especially if one uses Avast.

thx
admin
Site Admin

Postby filadelfo » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:39 am

admin, The 47, Borys, kofs79, Qzabi.
please delete my profile and account, remove post etc, thanks for nothing.
:|
preparing to launch...
filadelfo

Postby qqwwee1234 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:09 pm

I've been looking for ways around this but I still have yet to resolve the problem.
holiday palace
qqwwee1234

Postby wimspree » Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:09 pm

wimspree

Postby okbet2022 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:52 am

If you want to not only have fun, but also earn money, I recommend this
poker tips for beginners
okbet2022

Postby wimspree » Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:56 am

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting
wimspree

Next

Return to Anomaly Warzone Earth technical issues & support for: PC, Mac, X360 and PS3