It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:42 pm

Problems with Mac

Here you can talk about your Squad Tactics.

Problems with Mac

Postby Haschbeutel » Sat May 18, 2013 1:22 pm

Hey guys,

first thanks for a great, great game! Since there are still some flaws, especially with the mac version, here's what I've experienced so far:

Full-Screen Problems

As you may know, MacOS X handles Full-Screen applications as a separate "window" so you may still have access to all menus and corners. Since I get this right, Anomaly Warzone 2 starts as a windowed application, making use of the "Full-Screen" OS X Feature? (fullscreenapp.jpg)

fullscreenapp.jpg
Fullscreen
fullscreenapp.jpg (25.25 KiB) Viewed 12872 times

Problem now is, that "Active Corners" and the taskbar are not disabled, so if I'm moving around with the mouse and hit my lower right corner, the screen turns off or I'll start the "Mission Control" when scrolling top-left corner. Also, while hitting the top of the screen, my Taskbar shows up, allowing me to "window" the game (taskbar.jpg)

taskbar.jpg
Taskbar
taskbar.jpg (17.7 KiB) Viewed 12872 times

This not only disrupts the gameplay every time I hit the top or any corners, it also seems to influence the performance, since popping-up the taskbar drops the FPS immediatelly.

Performance Issues:

I don't know if it's because of how you handle the fullscreen, but the performance on my Mac is very, very poor, even though the settings are on "low" already. Since I can only choose between "high, medium, low" quality, there's not much to experiment with to find out, what actually kills the performance, but running the game via Bootcamp in Windows on the same Mac, I can play on "high" almost smoothly (I play on medium, though).

Mac Specs:

27" iMac, late 2009
Processor 2,8 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB
Software OS X 10.8.3 (latest)
Haschbeutel

Re: Problems with Mac

Postby Haschbeutel » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:36 pm

*cough* *cough* Look at all this dust around here :ugeek:
Haschbeutel

Postby The 47 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:49 am

Sorry, at first I wasn't sure what You were talking about, thx for reminding me about this case. We're working on it. With next update we'll try to do something with this.
The 47
11 bit guy

Game menu distortion & issue connected with resolution setti

Postby WildSammy » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:32 pm

I'm playing this game on my two MACs. 1st is iMAC mid2011 model where game works flawlessly, but my only reservation is that mouse cursor in some scenes blends with background and is hard to see. Would be nice to have graphic cursor and not OS cursor.

2nd is MBP mid2012 on which I have distorted graphics in game menu and can't select resolution properly. My screen is 1280x800px and game thinks it's 960x600 and I can't select higher. However in game graphics look like it's correctly 1280x800px.

I'm running latest OS X v.10.8.4.
WildSammy

Postby admin » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:45 am

Yep. You're right - cursor change is on our to-do list.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Onomatopeja » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:13 pm

same problem
Onomatopeja

Postby Aliraza002 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:20 am

The problem was encountered on pre-released version.???
Aliraza002

Postby wimspree » Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:31 pm

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо
wimspree

Next

Return to Taktyki Oddziału / Squad Tactics