It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:50 pm

Any crucial bug in Anomaly WE on your PC? Hit it here.

So here we talk about anything that touches technical issues of Anomaly Warzone Earth for your PC and / or Mac computer and consoles (X360, PS3) as well. Please ask for technical support here.

Re: Any crucial bug in Anomaly WE on your PC? Hit it here.

Postby tunix » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:56 pm

TrikkyMakk wrote:I get this error in the event log when I run the executable directly. It is some sort of conflict between runtime dependencies with the game. Please advise.

In the game folder you will find two subfolders - Redist and DirectX. They contain the runtime files the game depends on. Please try to install them manually, as it seems the installer haven't installed them correctly. Let me know the outcome.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Anomaly Warzone Earth Team Member
tunix
11 bit guy

Re: Crash on startup

Postby LogicalMeans » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:10 pm

Most probably the Intel Video Card is an issue. It's below the minimum specs required, as it does't implement correctly certain features required by game renderer code.

I realize the video card is backwards, but Ive been able to run some pretty demanding games despite it.
Is there really no way around this? Did I just make a dumbass mistake?
LogicalMeans

Postby wrongshui » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:55 pm

LogicalMeans wrote:Hey all,

So i just purchased A:WE through Steam, and was very excited to bust into it.

Sadly, it just wont start.

I try to launch it through steam: the screen turns white, and I get a "AnomalyWarzoneEarth.exe" has stopped working.
I try to launch the .exe file directly, same thing.

Ive tried reinstalling, rebooting, updating, and just about everything else.

Any ideas?

Im running Vista with a T4200 Dual Core at 2GHz, 3GB RAM, fully updated DirectX 10, and a generic Intel Series 4 Video Card. (I know, I know....)

I get this aswell, tried all the same things.

Running on Windows 7 64bit, i5-2500k, 8 giggles of ram and a GTX280.

Pretty much stone walled me.

Any ideas?
wrongshui

Postby TrikkyMakk » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:15 pm

In the game folder you will find two subfolders - Redist and DirectX. They contain the runtime files the game depends on. Please try to install them manually, as it seems the installer haven't installed them correctly. Let me know the outcome.

@tuniz When I ran it directly from the executable I got the same error. Then I tried it again and it worded via Steam. I followed your instructions plus am in the process of updating my system so not sure exactly what worked. So far so good though.
TrikkyMakk

Postby tunix » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:19 pm

targetbsp wrote:I'm getting bad texture flicker on the Steam version of the game. Any graphic detail setting higher than low causes it. Even on low the word 'score' at the top flickers occasionally. It's most noticeable in the clouds on highest detail on the level 1 intro.
I'm using an ATI 6850 with Catalyst 11.3 but I have tried other drivers and it occurs in Catalyst versions 11.1 to 11.4(preview). In 10.12 the game just looks a complete mess so earlier drivers are a no go!

We reproduced the problem with ATI 6870. It seems the driver doesn't implement directx spec correctly. We're trying different workarounds.
tunix
11 bit guy

Postby boltz » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:53 pm

I just bought the game on steam and upon trying to launch the game get "The game is currently available, please try again at another time." So I tried reinstalling the game and DirectX and Redist in the game folder and still get the same message.

Also, when I run the exe in the game folder I get "This application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more details." I don't know where that event log is either.

My system is a Core2Duo P8400 and Nvidia 9800M GTS with Vista 32-bit. Thanks.
boltz

Postby tunix » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:58 pm

Please try to uninstall VC++ redistributable from withing Add/Remove Programs option in the Control Panel. If there are multiple entries, please uninstall all of them. Install the one that comes with the game and reboot. Let me know the outcome.
tunix
11 bit guy

Postby boltz » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:00 pm

tunix wrote:Please try to uninstall VC++ redistributable from withing Add/Remove Programs option in the Control Panel. If there are multiple entries, please uninstall all of them. Install the one that comes with the game and reboot. Let me know the outcome.

I found a whole bunch of VC++ redists which I uninstalled and installed the game redist, but the game still gives me the same error.
boltz

Postby tunix » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:38 pm

Did you try to reboot after installing the redist?
tunix
11 bit guy

Postby wrongshui » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:21 pm

wrongshui wrote:
LogicalMeans wrote:Hey all,

So i just purchased A:WE through Steam, and was very excited to bust into it.

Sadly, it just wont start.

I try to launch it through steam: the screen turns white, and I get a "AnomalyWarzoneEarth.exe" has stopped working.
I try to launch the .exe file directly, same thing.

Ive tried reinstalling, rebooting, updating, and just about everything else.

Any ideas?

Im running Vista with a T4200 Dual Core at 2GHz, 3GB RAM, fully updated DirectX 10, and a generic Intel Series 4 Video Card. (I know, I know....)

I get this aswell, tried all the same things.

Running on Windows 7 64bit, i5-2500k, 8 giggles of ram and a GTX280.

Pretty much stone walled me.

Any ideas?

I have solved my own problem! Go me!

I have been teaching myself C++ and working through a DirectX9 programming book so I had ramped up the debugging with the SDK.

LogicalMeans is it prossible we have the same problem?

If it isn't it smells like a DX issue chum.
wrongshui

PreviousNext

Return to Anomaly Warzone Earth technical issues & support for: PC, Mac, X360 and PS3