It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:19 pm

Game not starting in Ubuntu 15.04

Game not starting in Ubuntu 15.04

Postby Dechcaudron » Sun May 24, 2015 7:21 pm

Hi there guys,

Just downloaded the DRM-free build from Humble Bundle for Linux. The game won't start. If I try to start the game via terminal, this is what I get:

error while loading shared libraries: libX11.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I already have the latest version of libX11-6 via apt, but it doesn't seem to matter. For the record, I am using the 64bit version on an AMD fx-8350 processor.

Thanks beforehand
Dechcaudron

Re: Game not starting in Ubuntu 15.04

Postby Dechcaudron » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:09 pm

I fixed it myself,

the problem was I had unpacked the game files in a custom folder rather than in the folder where it was expected to be unpacked (which isn't mentioned anywhere, so I don't really know how 11bit expects linux users to use the DRM-free version). What I did was create symbolic links to a couple of library files the game could not find (both related to the X window system) in the unpacked directory. Also, I needed to install the 32-bit version of these libraries, since the 64bit version won't work. Now, when I start the game, I get:

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Impressive, isn't it? I must say I am flattered by the huge support 11bit has given when it comes to Linux. Guess I'll have to investigate myself.
Dechcaudron

Postby Dechcaudron » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:24 pm

Alright,

apparently the linking process was not necessary. Having the 32bit libraries installed will do. However, it still throws a Segmentation Fault error, so I can't really start the game.

I hope someone finds a solution soon, although judging from the general appearance of this forum, this thread will be found by treasure hunters in the future.
Dechcaudron

Postby ric-ardo21 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:25 pm

Hi Dechcaudron.
You have a multi-arch system? Mostly of games have only 32-bit binaries. Then you must install the 32-bit libraries as mesa:i386, LibX11:i386, etc.
With multi-arch you can have both libraries installed 32 and 64 bits.
I have installed Debian and for install Steam, Skype or games need the 32-bit binary system.
ric-ardo21

Postby Avatar » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:01 pm

This is bug affects every Ubuntu 15.04 user. I've been playing TWoM flawlessly since launch day. But I installed Ubuntu 15.04 (64 bit edition) on a new computer and TWoM does not start anymore.

It seems the problem is related to a missing file in TWoM installation folder. You can find more details here:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/282070/di ... 1159186268

I have NOT been able to play the game even after following the steps described on the link, so I will need to wait for 11bit studios to fix this bug :cry:

Postby Avatar » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:35 pm

Any news about this bug? :?:

Postby wimspree » Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:17 am

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting
wimspree

Next

Return to Let us know about bugs and tech issues in TWoM