It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:04 pm

Characters won't eat

Characters won't eat

Postby dheinst » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:50 pm

Hi,

I have some cooked food and want a character to eat. He starts eating (the icon turns orange), but he never stops. If I click at some random spot, the character walks away and the icon returns to normal, still showing the available food.

I've tried it with other characters, but they all react the same. Also leaving and continuing the game does not change this behaviour. It seems the poor bastards will all die of hunger this way :shock:

Any idea's?
dheinst

Re: Characters won't eat

Postby Jolly Roger » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:46 am

Yes, it has happed to me once too, don’t remember what type of food it was.
It looks like there are some bug with the data in variable. It has been set to some ridiculously high numbers. Because, when you press end day and have a character eating something, it ends.
Jolly Roger

Postby The 47 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:30 pm

Hello!
To be honest, that's the first time I see this problem. And I don't know what to say. We've tested eating about billion of times and it worked properly. Maybe there's something specific that happened at the time? Does the person was depressed, severly wounded or sick? Maybe someone else was eating at the same time? (You can feed people that are broken or in really bad condition) Does it work right now, after a restart?
I'll do my best to try to reproduce this issue in our studio and fix it as quick as we can.

Best regards!
The 47
11 bit guy

Postby Jolly Roger » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:55 pm

hmm. the only think I remember, canceling action and restaring it doesn't helps.
Jolly Roger

Postby pygmy » Tue May 05, 2015 3:25 am

I just got this bug, too. Possibly relevant variables: it was in the "create your own scenario" game (I've not encountered it the several hundred pre-set games I've played, but maybe others have?), it was food I'd cooked the day before (just-meat stew, quantity:4). At first I thought it was choking because all the other characters were completing status-bar tasks (Marin crafting, Marko setting up water filters, Bruno (that hungry grump) trying to eat), so I let them finish and tried again -- no luck. Tried different characters, tried restarting game, neither fixed it. I could* eat the raw ingredients, just not the cooked food. The status circle kind of started, but was shaded out with the first orange pixel started, but wouldn't go any further (I waited several real-time minutes).

Playing via Steam, XPsp3 (yeah, I know), Intel Core2 quad 2.33, 3.25G RAM, GeForce GTM450.

It's the only bug I've encountered so far. You guys have put together an amazing game. I'm super picky, and I've put in something like 90 hours on it, and I'm not bored yet!
pygmy

Postby Arakkis » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:50 am

I just encountered this bug as well. I was not robbed, nor was I playing a modded game as others have reported. I have a single food left on the upgraded stove overnight, and none of my characters can eat from it. This bug was reported over a year ago. Please fix it, as it is game breaking.
Arakkis

Postby Arakkis » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:26 pm

I have been exploring this bug some more. It turns out that if I quit out of the game completely I can have a character eat as normal, but only the first time after logging in. If I quit to the title screen, and try to log back in none of my characters can eat.
Arakkis

Postby madooeiei » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:29 am

try to log back in none of my characters can eat.
gclub โปรโมชั่น
madooeiei

Postby wimspree » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:09 am

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru
wimspree

Next

Return to Let us know about bugs and tech issues in TWoM