It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:35 pm

Crashes on 1.2.2 version on Mac app store - fixed in 1.2.6!

Re: Help us fix crashes on 1.2.2 version on Mac app store!

Postby kofs79 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:01 am

admin,

The crashes are still happening with 1.2.3 update and causing me to not be able to go to locations to get what I need so I am left with 4 wounded or worse and can't go out to get meds. I will send in my saves again. This is a new game after the update.

kofs
kofs79 Moderator
kofs79

Postby steevenwang » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:58 am

Doesn't work for me either... RMBP 2012 15', Yosemite 10.10.2
Stucked at day 28, can't scavenge (garage) since 1.2.2
steevenwang

Postby mexnomercy » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:22 pm

Is it only MAC bug? Or does it appear in Win also...?
It`s the only game I play :/
how to get game saves to send...? I was`t successful with my trying.

Will You fix it or cash-back? I can see no other way.
It`s unplayable right now
mexnomercy

Help us fix crashes on 1.2.* version on Mac app store!

Postby kofs79 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:13 pm

Mexnomercy and et al,

For Mac OS follow these steps to get the saved game information to them to assist in fixing this problem.

1) Open up "Terminal," this can be done with spotlight searching for terminal or it is located in the /Users/<YourUserName>/Application/Utilities Folder.

2) Once Terminal is opened you will enter the following command with out the quote marks and replace the "<YourUserName>" with your actual user name (obvious but just to ensure for clarity.)

Also note it is case sensitive so if you just copy the whole command and replace the <YourUserName> with the real one it is easiest. I do this with textedit, use spotlight to find it quick, paste the command below, minus the quote marks, and click edit>Find>Find and Replace. Then enter in find <YourUserName> and in replace pt you actual user name. I used textedit but you can use any text editor to do this.

"rsync -av /Users/<YourUserName>/Library/Containers/com.11bitstudios.thiswarofmine/Data/Library/Application\ Support/This\ War\ of\ Mine/iPhoneDefUser/* /Users/<YourUserName>/Desktop/TWoM_CrashSave; tar -cvZf /Users/<YourUserName>/Desktop/TWoM.compress.tar /Users/<YourUserName>/Desktop/TWoM_CrashSave/; rm -R /Users/<YourUserName>/Desktop/TWoM_CrashSave"

3) Email support@11bitstudios.com and attach the file TWoM.compress.tar, that is on your desktop, and include what you did to cause the crash such as the character, inventory to scavenge, and location in the body. Subject line should be "TWoM CrashGameSave"

4) You should see an output close to this;
Code: Select all
<MachineName>$ rsync -av /Users/<YourUserName>/Library/Containers/com.11bitstudios.thiswarofmine/Data/Library/Application\ Support/This\ War\ of\ Mine/iPhoneDefUser/* /Users/<YourUserName>/Desktop/TWoM_CrashSave; tar -cvZf /Users/<YourUserName>/Desktop/TWoM.compress.tar /Users/<YourUserName>/Desktop/TWoM_CrashSave/; rm -R /Users/<YourUserName>/Desktop/TWoM_CrashSave
building file list ... done
created directory /Users/<YourUserName>/Desktop/TWoM_CrashSave
achievements
achievements.alt
gamehistory
gamehistory.alt
gamelog
gamelog.alt
savedgames
savedgames.alt

sent 177082 bytes  received 196 bytes  354556.00 bytes/sec
total size is 176503  speedup is 1.00
tar: Removing leading '/' from member names
a Users/<YourUserName>/Desktop/TWoM_CrashSave
a Users/<YourUserName>/Desktop/TWoM_CrashSave/achievements
a Users/<YourUserName>/Desktop/TWoM_CrashSave/achievements.alt
a Users/<YourUserName>/Desktop/TWoM_CrashSave/gamehistory
a Users/<YourUserName>/Desktop/TWoM_CrashSave/gamehistory.alt
a Users/<YourUserName>/Desktop/TWoM_CrashSave/gamelog
a Users/<YourUserName>/Desktop/TWoM_CrashSave/gamelog.alt
a Users/<YourUserName>/Desktop/TWoM_CrashSave/savedgames
a Users/<YourUserName>/Desktop/TWoM_CrashSave/savedgames.alt
<MachineName>:Desktop <YourUserName>$

5) Now try to survive or start a new game and hope you helped the isolate the problem.

If admin has anything that they would like that is different please post your correction or edits to this post.
Last edited by kofs79 on Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:05 am, edited 5 times in total.
kofs79 Moderator
kofs79

Postby mexnomercy » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:27 pm

Maybee I`m still doing something wrong, but I don`t think so...
It simply can find no saves, no folder appears on the desktop
Any idea...? R U sure that command is correct? FAILED: No such file or directory
I really wanna help
mexnomercy

Postby downsh1ft » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:03 pm

Installed verison 1.2.5 Retina MBP Late 2013 - still crashing when scavenging several different locations w/ several different loadouts on Day 24.
downsh1ft

Postby kofs79 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:28 pm

Keep sending in the save game files. It will help them see what the root cause is of the SIGTERM and hopefully not overwhelm them with so many people.

Getting this great game to work, especially with the big update coming, I'm sure is very important to them and the charity they are supporting. We are the foot soldiers right now collecting this information for them and they are the generals that have to decide what to do with it all.
kofs79 Moderator
kofs79

Postby Lazybeans » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:35 am

Welp....downloaded the 1.2.5 update, even restarted my computer, but the Church, Brothel and Central Square still crash my game when I go to scavenge them. :(

Guess I'll send my save file again. Something is making more of the locations crash my game as I go through the days.

I do really admire the devs' effort to try and fix this. Maybe it's just time to think of replacing my mid-2009 MBP? :lol:

Edit a few hours later: I managed to beat the game with Pavle, Marko, Bruno, Katia and Zlata...with the Church, Brothel, Central Square, Military Outpost, and Hospital all bugged out by the end. In the last few days I could only just stay in the shelter at night because I had picked every other place clean! I'll probably wait a while until some more updates before I start another game.
Lazybeans

Postby mexnomercy » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:07 am

Maybee I`m wrong but...I think that it has something with SNOW making the place not accessible to scavenge.
I tried several set-ups of different gear, places and survivors and overtime it starts snowing, I`ll get stuck.
In previous version, places were not accessible only because of fighting (I think so, I`m not 100% sure right now) and there was no problem with crashing.
Just thinking

EDIT: 1.2.5. update > NO CHANGE! It`s still bugged...
mexnomercy

Postby gied33 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:45 pm

My theory is that it has something to do with trading..
At first it crashed after i tried to go back to the church, and then it happened at the square
and now nothing works :cry:
I hope they will fix it soon because it's such an original and fun game,
but for me it really lost it's momentum..
gied33

PreviousNext

Return to Let us know about bugs and tech issues in TWoM