It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:26 am

Idea(s) for the game

Idea(s) for the game

Postby kofs79 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:14 am

I think a cool feature would be to have the ability to place some items in the metal cabinets and if there could be an upgrade to lock it. This could be used to reduce the likelihood or those items being taken in a raid. I think it should be an advanced upgrade that you would need to have a fully upgraded workstation.

Anyone else have ideas that they think would make the game better?
kofs79 Moderator
kofs79

Re: Idea(s) for the game

Postby Borys » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:58 pm

Good idea. What's more, I think that downsides of metal cabinets would include increased risk of using explosives by raiders that could randomly damage other structures in your shelter. What do you think? :)
Borys

Postby kofs79 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:22 pm

I like that idea too. I think maybe only the metal lockers should be able to hold stuff with a lock/trap. The wooden ones can be chopped up to get past a lock. Overall I think that this idea would be cool to have.
kofs79 Moderator
kofs79

Postby Kilos » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:08 pm

I do like the idea of locking a certain amount of items, and possibly able to upgrade all items in order to do so in order to keep them safe from bandits.
Some ideas that would be great for the game, and maybe a bit out of place.
1.) Survive not only with food, but on water as well
2.) Create restrooms (I don't want to see anything) but more realistic
3.) The possibility of building or finding luxury items or things. Ex: A painting, a better guitar, posters to put up, a table, fish tank, play with cards with each other, or something.
4.) Stay warm with blankets! (in case unable to get material to burn or don't have a heater, blankets to help.
5.) This might be too far, but an add on purchase of playing against zombies. This is a very good scenario for surviving from zombies.
6.) Bunkbeds!
7.) Animals (such as pets) have to feed them too. Able to protect house when scavenging.
8.) I'd love to watch (like a replay of the night) when I've been raided and see how I've been wounded or defended myself against scavengers when I get back from scavenging.
9.) More weapons! and tools. Also, long range stealth weapons. Ex: crossbow, option to build a silencer (special parts)
10.) Visit neighbors, form alliances, or enemies. All during the daytime though along with building or crafting.
11.) possibility of moving to a new location to stay.
12.) I understand war is not timed, but maybe an option to extend survival?
13.) Soup up your defense around the house, possibly traps, or other alarms. Things that would help to protect you during the night.
14.) when we go out to scavenge, maybe have the ability to convince people to come stay with you after a period of time.
15.) Maybe able to grow wheat or corn in bulk to where people will come to barter on a daily basis. Not only one person comes to visit on a day, but maybe others throughout.
16.) Maybe the emotional ability to choose to do wrong without becoming depressed by a certain means.
Kilos

Postby Roman77 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:31 pm

This is extremely decent and good post....You shook posting it....Thanks a ton for posting it....!!!
Roman77

Postby Flagg » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:47 pm

I like the idea of being able to "lock" things to protect them from bandits, but I'd rather it be like maybe a hiding spot that's completely safe, rather than a locked cabinet the raiders can just bust open. Maybe a hole dug into the basement floor or wall with something disguising it, or put in an out of the way room under a floorboard. But it wouldn't be able to hold all or even half of your average players stuff, maybe 25%. I wouldn't mind too much if it went up to like 75% once you've built and upgraded a few things and can stock up on whatever type of material you would need (and either a special rare-ish item as well or just a ton of "regular" materials to expand the hiding spot as the game progresses).

A lot of these are good ideas, but with one or 2 of your suggestions I'll elaborate, but otherwise I'm just going to pick the ideas I like and not pick the ones I don't without any explanation, then I'll give some ideas of my own.

1.) Survive not only with food, but on water as well

I like this, but maybe include water as another must-have resource like food and you can build rain catchers, storage tanks. Also lootable water purification tablets and eventually a water filter so that you don't have to use fuel to boil it.

4.) Stay warm with blankets! (in case unable to get material to burn or don't have a heater, blankets to help.

5.) This might be too far, but an add on purchase of playing against zombies. This is a very good scenario for surviving from zombies.

Ok, this one I'm honestly on the fence about. As much of a zombie fan-whore as I am, I agree, it's the perfect type of setting, style, and even the "2D" nature of it would work awesomely. That said, I almost think it disrespects the intentions of the developers as well as the "spirit" of 'This War of Mine' to have a "zombie mode". But that's just my opinion and TBH if 11bit put something like that out as DLC I would buy it.

7.) Animals (such as pets) have to feed them too. Able to protect house when scavenging.

Well... Say dogs are good defense against raiders but require food and (potentially) water. Same with cats unless you have a rodent problem that is effecting your food supply and maybe damaging some wooden stuff as well as making the entire place a health hazard. Then you get a cat (buy one, find one, or steal one) or 2 and your rodent problem is no longer an issue (but they would still be poking around, keeping your cat(s) fed) and all the cat needs is a bit of water (potentially).

9.) More weapons! and tools. Also, long range stealth weapons. Ex: crossbow, option to build a silencer (special parts)
10.) Visit neighbors, form alliances, or enemies. All during the daytime though along with building or crafting.
13.) Soup up your defense around the house, possibly traps, or other alarms. Things that would help to protect you during the night.
14.) when we go out to scavenge, maybe have the ability to convince people to come stay with you after a period of time.
16.) Maybe the emotional ability to choose to do wrong without becoming depressed by a certain means.

The last one I really like. Maybe a kind of "hardness" or "desensitization" mechanism where as the game progresses and each character has to do certain things to survive or has suffered physical or psychological trauma from a wound or witnessing something particularly brutal this meter would go towards or away from desensitization by witnessing, performing, or suffering from certain acts. And maybe a lot of it would depend on each characters "character" :lol: as well as their general strengths and weaknesses. For example, if you are "forced" to kill a ton of people while scavenging you get desensitized to doing it and become "hard" and unfeeling when it comes to witnessing and performing murders/ self defense homicides. And maybe you've been severely injured while out scavenging and the meter goes down, and you become more sensitive to witnessing even the most necessary violence and that could even effect the interactions between the 2 character examples.

As for what I'd really like to see... The occasional house-to-house fighting by the 2 factions of soldiers as one side or the other advances and get's pushed back. This would all happen during the daytime and everyone would have to hide in the basement to be safe while most of your improvements get heavily damaged or destroyed by the fighting (or if you feel like you can, try to defend your "home" which will pretty much always result in the deaths of every single character as whichever force was attacked will basically search every room in the building killing everything that moves until everyone is dead "game over"). The other option is an air strike that just levels the entire building with everyone in it, killing them all, "game over". Whichever they think is more terrifying and brutal (or it could be both and you get a 50/50 chance :lol:). But keep it secret to give gung-ho Rambo style players a nasty surprise. :twisted:
Flagg

Postby KateG » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:56 pm

It is the first time for me here, so i dont know who im talking to :) Anyway, i would like to share my thoughts about the game and the one single idea (not that much of idea, maybe more something like - please-please-please, can i have this?)

When this war (the real one) started i was living with my parents in Skopelos Island, Greece. I was 12 years old. I remember a group of 30-maybe 40 children sent by the U.N. to our island, to find shelter. These kids were aged 3-15, all orphans and homeless.. Thankfully none of them hurt. They lived in a hotel for maybe 2 months or so, i m not sure. We all became friends and before they leave we helped them with every way we could.. with clothes, some basic things, even some toys :) im sorry for the poor details but as my mind goes back to then , i realize how many things i cant remember anymore. But one thing i remember well! How much i cried and for how long when they left, and for how long we used to write letters to eachother, till we finally got lost. I really wish everyone of them to be okay and happy and sometimes i really wish i could find just one of them again :) so, yes, i loved this game from the beginning to the end, and i just dont want it to end! So my idea (or the please-please-please, can i have this?) is.. can it last longer??? 45 days is soooo short :) thank you for reading this and thank you for this amazing game ! Congratulations to the producers and developers and everyone who worked on it <3 this game really made me cry <3
KateG

Postby KhaineGB » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:39 pm

A couple of ideas from me.

1) Junk food. I saw it in the press builds that appeared on YouTube... it seemed people were able to loot crisps/chips as a food source. It'd be nice to see that back in the game, though I'd make them as "filling" as eating the raw meat or raw veg... so not very. :) Basically probably just enough to slow hunger progression if you only eat one, and improve by one step if you eat two or three. More of a flavour thing than a mechanics thing.

2) Locations can change. What I mean by this is somewhere with no people in it might have rebels or soldiers later. I think the easiest way to impliment this would be to force a "refresh" when a location is suddenly closed off due to snow or fighting. Any resources you have left behind might have been looted, someone might have taken it over, etc. I'd also like to see the hospital have the potential to become a contested area, maybe have the staff locked away like the brothel?

Just a couple of ideas. :)
KhaineGB

Postby Rsk858 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:28 pm

Co-op would be really cool for this game, with 1 or 2 friends if that can somehow happen.
Rsk858

Postby Leenominai » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:35 pm

Video mode "in the window (full resolution), no frame"
;)
Leenominai

Next

Return to Enter this forum and ask all you want to know about the game.