It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:43 am

Unable to purchase from Mac App Store

Unable to purchase from Mac App Store

Postby russtopher » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:11 pm

Everytime I try to purchase the game through the Mac App Store, it claims it's unable to complete my purchase due to This War of Mine not supporting the computer's graphics hardware.

It's a 2014 27" iMac - so surely this should be supported?! It runs a lot more complex and 3D games without fault...
russtopher

Re: Unable to purchase from Mac App Store

Postby Borys » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:46 pm

The size of your monitor may not be the most important factor here... What graphics card do you have? If it is Intel HD, i'm afraid it's not enough to run TWOM (Intel GFX cards are usually not supported by 3D games). If you have one of cards that is supported by TWOM, that's another story.
Borys

Postby russtopher » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:11 am

Borys wrote:The size of your monitor may not be the most important factor here... What graphics card do you have? If it is Intel HD, i'm afraid it's not enough to run TWOM (Intel GFX cards are usually not supported by 3D games). If you have one of cards that is supported by TWOM, that's another story.

Hi Borys, thanks for the swift response.

As all 27" iMac models have an nVidia gfx card, I thought it would be enough, but no worries.

iMac:
3.2GHz quad-core Intel Core i5
Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz
8GB (two 4GB) memory
1TB hard drive
NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M with 1GB video memory

I know the card is technically qualified as a mobile (laptop) videocard, but should still be more than enough to purchase the game - I guess it's what the developers have selected to enable as a purchase?

I use my iMac for gaming quite a bit and run things like World of Warcraft perfectly, just seemed strange this wouldn't even let me purchase!
russtopher

Postby Borys » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:57 pm

I'm sorry. :) I had info that 27" iMacs are sold with Intel HD on board, also.

In your case that's another story, I mentioned. We talked to Apple about such issues and they already know what to do. I'm afraid you'll just have to wait.
Borys

Postby russtopher » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:36 pm

Borys wrote:I'm sorry. :) I had info that 27" iMacs are sold with Intel HD on board, also.

In your case that's another story, I mentioned. We talked to Apple about such issues and they already know what to do. I'm afraid you'll just have to wait.

It seems a little strange there's nothing to be done your end, considering it's potential customers of yours who can't purchase the game - you're losing sales because of this.

If it was my company, losing sales because of something Apple needed to update, i'd be constantly harassing them to sort the issue.
russtopher

Postby Borys » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:56 am

Likie my colleague already answered in a similar thread: you can buy a DRM-free version from i.e. Games Republic. :) That's trully all we can do. But that's good enough. :)
Borys

Postby jiuer7845 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:34 am

jiuer7845

Postby wimspree » Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:17 am

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting
wimspree

Next

Return to Let us know about bugs and tech issues in TWoM