It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:53 pm

Help needed - the food is never enough

Help needed - the food is never enough

Postby Lednah » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:19 am

I read the hint and tips and started to play at new for at least 10 games. And always I cannot survive because I simply cannot find enough food.
I build 2 mouse traps very quickly but they give in average 1 catch per 2 days. And as the junk bait is insufficient I have to use good meat for a bait. So the mousetraps are not enough. The food in the easy location is little, and I always am getting Sniper Junction location so no trade at Central Station (or what the name of the location with the 4 traders was). The other traders usually have very little food and it is pretty expensive.

So please advise.

Another question: How it is possible to survive if you start with less then 3 people? I need at least 1 scavenger and 2 guards.

Also it seems there are 2 bugs:
1. The seller in the Garage is selling all his "components" and "parts" for 1 single piece of wood. It seems he counts their value for zero.
2. My scavenger went to a new location with his hatchet. But the "hatchet" icon appeared only if there was stuff in the furniture. If I took away the stuff the icon disappears and no furniture chopping was possible.

AND 1 suggestion: Please put name icons on the characters.
Lednah

Re: Help needed - the food is never enough

Postby sarke04 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:31 am

The second u mention is not a bug. If u chop a furniture with something in, u get the item inside, I think... I´ve never done it but i´ve seen what u mean many timees before. I think it simply works that way.

And about the food... Well I almost never have problems with it. Maybe last few days if i dnt want to steal I dnt have food enought so i have to trade but in any other case... Is easy to find food. Most of the time is inside fridges. And u have plenty in killing scavenge. Those places that have 2 -3 bandits u have to kill usually have food somewhere. U just have to risk a bit more and go for it. Killing or robbing. Dont b afraid. Instakills are not that hard to make. Just look for a hole in the wall. They cant see u if u there. then wait till they pass by and instakill. No damage taken. Plenty of food to take.

About how to survive with less than 3 people...
Well with 2 is easy... 1 Defend 1 Scavenge and both rest in daytime. S build 2 beds. I bet u noticed they can recover completly if they stay in bed in day for the right time. So with only 2 chars u can do both dutties most of the time. If not just try till they get very tired. Then stay 1 day at home and make at lest one of them rest completly.
Being 1 is harder. U have to take with u everything u dont want them to rob u. I mean medicines and food most of the time + the workbench things that u builded.
I were also using a bug but depending of the version of ur game u may have it or not cos were already corrected.
Is simply that: When u start the game u have all the wardrobes in ur house full of items. Pick everything but 1 item from 1 wardrobe and before the day end leave everyting u have into that wardrobe. U cant b stealed if u didnt picked it up.
Following the same way to think u can always keep some medicines or food into a scenario if u have a mor recent version.
So u have some food at home and some always there if anything happens.

Hope those tips were usefull. Wait for ut day 37-43 when the war is over.
sarke04

Postby Rakhdor » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:49 am

Also, keep in mind that characters only have to eat every other day. E.g. If they eat on day 5, they'll grow hungry on day 6, but if they eat on day 7 they'll go back to normal. Only if you wait another day will they become very hungry.
Of course, if your characters are depressed or sick, feeding them extra might be a good idea if you can spare it.
Rakhdor

Postby sarke04 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:03 pm

Feed them every 2 days is enought even if they r sick. What u need if they are pills.
sarke04

Postby blackteapie » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:35 pm

feed your team once per two days (better start at day 3). Slaughter the guards of military outpost, warehouse and Brothel, then you will have much more than plenty of resources.
blackteapie

Postby Borys » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:10 pm

It seams you still have some old, not patched version of the game. Upgrade first and see if at least some of your problems are gone. :)
Borys

Postby Lednah » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:40 am

It seams you still have some old, not patched version of the game. Upgrade first and see if at least some of your problems are gone. :)

How to check which version I am playing?
Lednah

Postby Borys » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:03 pm

In the main menu, in the lower left corner (just by the War Child logo) there's the version number. If there's none, it's still 1.0 (unpached).
Borys

Postby wimspree » Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:04 pm

wimspree

Postby wimspree » Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:54 am

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting
wimspree

Next

Return to Enter this forum and ask all you want to know about the game.