It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:13 am

Close the door

Close the door

Postby Humanity » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:29 am

During winter, when collecting snow, you won't run out the shelter without closing the door behind you...
Problem: you click the pile of snow and there is no chance to stop and close the door before accessing the pile.

Same for any talks, especially while it's cold outside.
You have to step outside, than shut the door, and after you've done all this you can finally talk to whoever is watching your spinning around.

But all of this may be intended... just remember you're sitting in a warm home, dragging your mouse while your survivors are freezing to death with all those holes and open doors won't help keeping it warm inside.
Humanity

Re: Close the door

Postby ruzen » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:30 pm

:shock: what did I just read?!
ruzen

Postby not_old_redditor » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:52 pm

I think the jist of it is - there should be a toggle in the options menu for your scavengers to automatically close doors behind them, at all times or just when scavenging (only when walking).

It is quite clunky right now to close doors manually, and during scavenging you almost always want doors to be closed.
not_old_redditor

Postby Borys » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:56 pm

Closing doors is tricky business. That's why in the real life we have automatic and revolving doors. :) But it's relevant part of our lives - those decisions whether we have or don't have time to close the doors behind. ;) It's just the same in TWOM.
Borys

Postby sarke04 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:46 pm

I like it. Is ur dutty to close the doors behind u.
If u forget about it it will b ur mistake so keep it in mind when u escavenge or even at home.
Does the temperature change when u have breach in ur walls or the door open?
Im not sure about it. But im sure it should matter. i also think that the place where u have the hitter should b important too.
I think is worthy to put it close where bed are at lest to recover the ill people faster when sleeping.
What do u think boris?
sarke04

Postby Borys » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:58 am

I think I would feel depressed if I had to sleep while doors are open. Because I could be easly shot from behind! ;p
Borys

Postby BOWi » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:13 pm

Borys wrote:Closing doors is tricky business. That's why in the real life we have automatic and revolving doors. :) But it's relevant part of our lives - those decisions whether we have or don't have time to close the doors behind. ;) It's just the same in TWOM.

I like that mechanic so far. Is it really relevant? Do we really need to close doors? I personally do because I don't want my guys to freeze and I want them to have a good night/day of sleep without outside noises. There's also the whole security issue. Opening a door makes some noise, so I guessed closed doors are good against raiders.
BOWi

Postby sarke04 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:56 am

In game terms does leave the door opened or closed matters?
I mean at your seatlement. I know gards notice when they find a open door when escavenging.
sarke04

Postby Borys » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:08 pm

sarke04 wrote:In game terms does leave the door opened or closed matters?
I mean at your seatlement. I know gards notice when they find a open door when escavenging.

I'm not supposed to blabber about mechanics... but I suppose you got bigger holes in walls than the door. ;)
Borys

Postby sarke04 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:25 pm

Borys wrote:
sarke04 wrote:In game terms does leave the door opened or closed matters?

I'm not supposed to blabber about mechanics... but I suppose you got bigger holes in walls than the door. ;)

I were thinking about the temperature inside more than robbery if really.

Thats a question i had since i started playing. Should I post it here?
Ill here 1st if u tell me to move it somewhere else i will.
The questions is.
Does holes or door opened interact with the temperature or with chance to get robbed?
sarke04

Next

Return to Enter this forum and ask all you want to know about the game.