It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:35 am

What do you mean the war is over!! WTF!!

Re: What do you mean the war is over!! WTF!!

Postby Borys » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:16 pm

Yeah, we're working on the Hundred Years' War scenario - especially for you, guys.

Just kidding.

But seriously, we'll think about longer scenarios.
Borys

Postby ruzen » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:55 pm

Borys wrote:Yeah, we're working on the Hundred Years' War scenario - especially for you, guys.

Just kidding.

But seriously, we'll think about longer scenarios.

Very Nice. Longer game! There for now we have to force our selfs to go dangerous alleys chop every wood also just a reminder. When you guys doing longer scenarios make sure to snow will removed from house inventory after cold winter pass. Also note I think It would be more cool If we didnt know which mode we picked for ex. game could end beatween 46 to 120 days perhaps? Just a thought.
ruzen

Postby amistad18 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:53 pm

Alan Grant wrote:You'd run out of resources eventually. There are only so many places on the map. When you clean them out you clean them out, even if you go in guns blazing and take over locations held by armed thugs, and cut open every locked door.

Eventually you'd be relying entirely on trade to get by, and scavenging wouldn't be worthwhile because you'd have depleted everything

I know it might take a long time to get to that point, in game day 300 or something, but it would happen.

300 days? Are you kidding? My first war ended on day 42, and till that day I searched almost every place to 95-100%, except hospital - I didn't want to steal from hospital, I felt bad already about old couple ... but anyway, for few days before war ends I had to go to the market every night, cause there was no use to go to other places.

And even so - for now on I think that on the market there is some kind of bug, cause some of items exchange rates are very low for exchange for some kind of products, and trading with different merchants with all kind of stuff, make if possible to for example take 1 bullet with you, and bring back home whole bag of medicines, bandages, food, etc. Next night you can do the same, and over and over - so basically you will be able to live forever, but since then the game will became boring, and meaningless.

For me the only option for long games is spawn new places (or replacing the old ones already cleared out for 95% or more), resupply old places (for example with changing ownership as mentioned before), and that will make possible to play and have fun for much, much longer ...

But anyway, on day 42 I had in my shelter everything that was possible to have, every item, every workshop, furniture etc. I had 150+ bullets, 100+ food, 80+ food cans, 80+ vegetables, 50+ bandages and medicines, gun, helmet and bulletproof vest for every one. So what for should I stand there for any longer?

And please remember - the goal of that game is to survive the war. The survival mode would be awesome but for some kind of zombie apocalypse scenario, and I would love to see that 11bitstudio next release will be zombie apocalypse game based on the engine from This War of Mine.
amistad18

Postby Stigsonic » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:36 am

amistad18 wrote:
But anyway, on day 42 I had in my shelter everything that was possible to have, every item, every workshop, furniture etc. I had 150+ bullets, 100+ food, 80+ food cans, 80+ vegetables, 50+ bandages and medicines, gun, helmet and bulletproof vest for every one. So what for should I stand there for any longer?
[/quote]

pics or it didnt happen
Stigsonic

Postby amistad18 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:44 am

Stigsonic wrote:pics or it didnt happen

Sorry, after war ends, the only option is to see epilogue again (with your good and noble choices, or with those bad ones), or start a new game, so there is no way to make a screenshot of already ended game. Anyway I already started a new one - so in max couple days I will show you my new game results ... this time it goes even better :)
amistad18

Postby Wariat » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:47 am

Is there a reason for the 45-day limit? Would love a longer scenario.
Wariat

Postby Borys » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:01 am

Why yes, of course! 4 + 5 = 9 and 5 * 9 = 45 and 45 - (5 - 4) - (5 - 4) - (5 - 4) = 42 which is the answer to... you know. ;)

Well... not really. :) Like I said - we're working on new stuff.
Borys

Postby amistad18 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:00 pm

I have also a question about "time limit", on some video with your devs talking about the game, one of them told us that the war will take at least couple of weeks, to couple of months ... but as far as I'm reading players feedback, none had experienced war to take few months.
amistad18

Postby Wariat » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:49 pm

Borys wrote:42

Haha! Right.

I understand you guys are trying out mechanics and stuff, so it's not a big deal. Game's great as it is. Very excited about this "more information tomorrow" I saw on Facebook.
Wariat

Postby amistad18 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:31 am

Stigsonic wrote:pics or it didnt happen

Here you go, food and medicines:
2014-12-02_00006.jpg
2014-12-02_00006.jpg (502.64 KiB) Viewed 7506 times

And my armory (I sold only 1 AK for entire game):
2014-12-02_00008.jpg
2014-12-02_00008.jpg (333.57 KiB) Viewed 7506 times
amistad18

PreviousNext

Return to Enter this forum and ask all you want to know about the game.