It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:23 pm

Mesa support

Anomaly Warzone Earth - all that relates to our game and Linux. Technicall support for Linux - if possible, that is.

Mesa support

Postby lvella » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:15 pm

I know open source drivers and Mesa are second-class citizens, and games are generally developed and tested using proprietary nvidia and fglrx drivers, (and I must be glad it was released to Linux at all), thus I must bear the burden in insisting using the free radeon driver.

Anyway, it won't do any harm in requesting in here a better support to Mesa and free drivers, and it may be that developers will look with better eyes to us. I know that ideally Mesa should support the "GLX_EXT_swap_control" extension, but it does not; instead it has these two extensions that serves the same purpose: "GLX_MESA_swap_control" and "GLX_SGI_swap_control". It would be cool if you could fallback to one of them if "GLX_EXT_swap_control" is not found.

Also, it will make no difference if I can not start the game. It seems to me that the problem reported in this thread can be related to the fact people who experience it is using Mesa (I also suffer from it, so I was unable to start the game so far). Recently two games also released in Humble Bundle had problems in starting up when using Mesa, but the guys were able to track the issue: https://bugzilla.icculus.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5315
lvella

Re: Mesa support

Postby whizse » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:12 am

Recently two games also released in Humble Bundle had problems in starting up when using Mesa, but the guys were able to track the issue: https://bugzilla.icculus.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5315

Unlikely to be the same problem though (does the Linux port of Anomaly use MojoShader?) the problems with SuperMeatBoy and Shank could be worked around by building Mesa with --disable-asm but that doesn't seem to work here.
whizse

Postby abhinandh » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:18 am

radeon driver here, the game doesn't even start for me.
Code: Select all
GLX_EXT_swap_control not supported, unable to set vertical sync.
Extension EXT_texture_compression_s3tc not supported. Shutting down the game.

s3tc support is enabled in R600 driver. glxinfo |grep s3tc gives me

Code: Select all
GL_NV_texgen_reflection, GL_NV_texture_env_combine4, GL_S3_s3tc,
GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc, GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3,
abhinandh

Postby whizse » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:17 pm

I'm guessing you have a 64-bit system and a 64-bit s3tc library, but since the game is 32-bit you need a 32-bit s3tc lib too.
whizse

Postby abeladam48 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:46 pm

Nice surprise about this shorter form. Can you tell us what it is you are talking/writing about?
This is really helpful for me because i was also looking for this.
Has any info. about this shorter form been posted before (and i just missed it)?
abeladam48

Postby watson45 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:53 pm

~$ anomaly
GLX_EXT_swap_control not supported, unable to set vertical sync.
Extension EXT_texture_compression_s3tc not supported. Shutting down the game. :lol:
watson45

Postby madooeiei » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:54 am

This is really helpful for me because i was also looking for this.
สูตรปั่นเงินคาสิโน
madooeiei

Postby wimspree » Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:19 am

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting
wimspree

Return to Anomaly Warzone Earth - all that relates to our game on Linux. Technicall support for Linux.