It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:45 pm

Freeze after 11bit logo and intro video(Ubuntu 13.10)

Please post any questions and concerns about the game Anomaly 2. And reports bugs here!

Freeze after 11bit logo and intro video(Ubuntu 13.10)

Postby NastyFerret » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:02 pm

Loes! I just got my copy of Anomaly 2 from humble bundle but theres a small problem, the game freezes after the intro video (black screen with a red circle). System doesn't freeze, the process is killable :P

SYS: Ubuntu 13.10 64bit
CPU: Core 2 Duo E8400 3.00GHz
GPU: Nvidia GF9600gt 512mb driver 331.20
RAM: 4GB
Mobo: Gigabyte EP35-DS3P

Kinda old rig but it should work I think.
NastyFerret

Re: Freeze after 11bit logo and intro video(Ubuntu 13.10)

Postby ullgren » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:54 pm

I had/have the same problem running on Ubuntu 13.04.
Upgrading to the latest nvidia driver available from Canonical (in my case 313.30) I came to the menu and could even select and start loading the first mission in story mode. However it then freeze just as it did, after the intro, before upgrading the driver.

My setup:
SYS Ubuntu 13.04 64bit
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz
GPU: Nvida GeForce 8800 GT 512 MB driver 313.30
RAM: 6GB

From the log it seems to freeze while loading resources and it does *not* seem to be the same resource every time.

Please let me/us know if you want any logs.
ullgren

Postby ullgren » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:56 pm

After upgrading the nvidia drivers to the latest available from nvidia.com (331.20) I can now play a few missions at a time.
However after about 2-3 missions the games freeze while loading the next map.

Initially I was able to play until mission VR2 was loading. Killing the process and then restarting let me play until the load screen for mission 4.
ullgren

Postby Krista68 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:52 am

Thanks for info.
Krista68

Postby wimspree » Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:24 pm

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru
wimspree

Return to Support & Technical issues