It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:58 pm

Resume game on Squad Assault & Squad Assault Rearmed

Anomaly Warzone Earth ... for Android devices. Tablets from Amazon with Android 2.3 and higher including Kindle Fire. Soon for all Android devices, hopefully.

Resume game on Squad Assault & Squad Assault Rearmed

Postby Itsumishi » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:57 am

Hi Guys

Really digging the game. Top notch graphics, gameplay and sounds. A few extra levels on the campaign wouldn't hurt, but I am aware the game is only a few dollars, so no real complaint there.

My only complaint is that when I'm playing either squad assault or squad assault rearmed there is no way to resume the game if it exits the app. One accidental bump of the home screen just made me lose my progress 30 minutes into the Squad Assault rearmed. That's about the 5th time that or something similar has happend, considering the squad assault can take a fair while to complete I think its unreasonable to expect that someone using a mobile device will have much of a chance to finish them without some kind of interruption, phone call, the need to plug it into a computer for some juice, etc (both of those have killed my games).

Not sure if its specific to my device or Android wide, but I'm using the Samsung Nexus S. I was always able to resume on the campaign.
Itsumishi

Re: Resume game on Squad Assault & Squad Assault Rearmed

Postby admin » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:04 am

(just checking it right now...)
admin
Site Admin

Postby Itsumishi » Tue May 01, 2012 4:17 am

Any luck? Is this device specific or Android wide?
Itsumishi

Postby admin » Tue May 01, 2012 11:20 pm

Hmmmm, we're unable to reproduce the bug. Whenever we're calling a phone where the game's running the squad assault mode, it just goes hibernated and once the call is over, the game goes back to the same point...
what system and are you using on this Samsung?
thx
admin
Site Admin

Postby Itsumishi » Wed May 02, 2012 4:15 am

I'm running the Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 on the Samsung Nexus S.

It's not just when a call comes through for me though, it's any time I close the game for whatever reason. A bump of the home button will do it, when I go back in I have to sit through all the loading screens, etc, then there's no resume game option listed.

I never had the problem with the campaign, resume was always available.
Itsumishi

Postby admin » Mon May 07, 2012 5:02 pm

Hmmm,
It shouldn't work that way. I was just testing it on my tablet and it doesn't close, when I hit home button and then run the app again, I'm in the same place where I was in the moment of exit (in any mode, squad assault too)

So indeed it looks like
A) device related bug
B) Ice Cream Sandwich related bug

We're gonna upgrade one of the devices to that Android and check it out. Please stay tuned.
thx
admin
Site Admin

Postby Itsumishi » Tue May 15, 2012 8:02 am

I've been trying to play the game again (addictive!) and I've noticed that it doesn't always happen. Seems that if the game is running for a quite a while then I hit the home button I lose it. If I'm only a little way in I don't lose it.

Seems if Ice Cream Sandwhich closes the game to free up ram it's gone as well. I'd love to have the option to see it appear in the "Resume Current Game" on the menu.
Itsumishi

Postby watson45 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:34 am

Really digging the game. Top notch graphics, gameplay and sounds. A few extra levels on the campaign wouldn't hurt, but I am aware the game is only a few dollars, so no real complaint there. :lol:
watson45

Next

Return to Anomaly Warzone Earth ... for Android devices