It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:45 am

Any crucial bug in Anomaly WE on your PC? Hit it here.

So here we talk about anything that touches technical issues of Anomaly Warzone Earth for your PC and / or Mac computer and consoles (X360, PS3) as well. Please ask for technical support here.

Re: Any crucial bug in Anomaly WE on your PC? Hit it here.

Postby tunix » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:33 pm

The game supports full screen mode only.

Regarding your sound/black screen problems - the game should install the required dlls by itself - so I would appreciate if you let me know your HW/SW specs - this will help me track the problem.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Anomaly Warzone Earth Team Member
tunix
11 bit guy

Postby Simplex » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:19 am

You cannot set a resolution higher than your current resolution, even if your display supports it.
I.e. if you have a 1080p TV but your desktop is running on 720p, then you will not be able to select any res higher than 720p.
Simplex

Postby asd » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:09 pm

There's no sound in the goddamn game. All my drivers are up to date, so don't give me that. Come on, what is this supposed to be?
asd

Postby tunix » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:23 pm

asd wrote:There's no sound in the goddamn game. All my drivers are up to date, so don't give me that. Come on, what is this supposed to be?

Looks like a bug. But seriously - what is your hardware configuration. What os?
tunix
11 bit guy

Postby bascoverde » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:38 pm

tunix wrote:The game supports full screen mode only.

Regarding your sound/black screen problems - the game should install the required dlls by itself - so I would appreciate if you let me know your HW/SW specs - this will help me track the problem.

My specs are these:
windows 7 64 bit professional, CPU Amd Athlon II X4 630, VGA Sapphire Ati HD 5670 1GB GDDR5, MOBO Asrock A780FULLHD, HDD western Digital Caviar Green 500GB 7200rpm 32MB.
Again, dll are not installed with the game and I downloaded them, black screen was caused by my firewall, the sound problem was caused by the directx. Maybe including the last DirectX in the game installer would fix the problems.
bascoverde

Postby tunix » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:59 pm

bascoverde wrote:My specs are these:
windows 7 64 bit professional, CPU Amd Athlon II X4 630, VGA Sapphire Ati HD 5670 1GB GDDR5, MOBO Asrock A780FULLHD, HDD western Digital Caviar Green 500GB 7200rpm 32MB.
Again, dll are not installed with the game and I downloaded them, black screen was caused by my firewall, the sound problem was caused by the directx. Maybe including the last DirectX in the game installer would fix the problems.

Wierd - my test config is almost the same. The DirectX installer is included and has been tested to work. There must be something we overlooked.

To anyone experiencing problems with sound - could you please try to install the latest directx runtime. You can grab one here

http://tinyurl.com/2ed6cgv

Please keep me updated on this, so I could fix it in the patch.
tunix
11 bit guy

Postby asd » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:53 pm

tunix wrote:
asd wrote:There's no sound in the goddamn game. All my drivers are up to date, so don't give me that. Come on, what is this supposed to be?

Looks like a bug. But seriously - what is your hardware configuration. What os?

It doesn't really matter, unless you have something specific in mind. My OS is XP SP3. As I said, all my drivers are up to date. It's not just a bug on my part, I've noticed a few people having this problem as well.
asd

Postby tunix » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:47 pm

asd wrote:It doesn't really matter, unless you have something specific in mind. My OS is XP SP3. As I said, all my drivers are up to date. It's not just a bug on my part, I've noticed a few people having this problem as well.

I didn't mean it was a bug on your part. AFAIK the other people managed to deal with problem by reinstalling the DirectX runtime. This tells me that the game installer, which was supposed to ensure DX is up to date, fails with certain hardware/software configurations. Could you please try the link I provided in my previous post and let me know the outcome? I cannot reproduce the problem with any of my multiple test machines, so your feedback is very valuable to me.
tunix
11 bit guy

Postby toxy » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:46 am

I'm also having the no sound issue. I updated dx9 with the link provided and added the anomaly .exe file to windows firewall allowed programs. I'm running Vista. I get the black screen after the 11bit logo but I can skip it with space or escape. But there's no sound anywhere in the game.
toxy

Postby MkIII » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:19 am

When I run Anomaly, I have a black bar on the right side of my screen. It's about 0.5" on a 21" monitor. There's also a black bar on the bottom of the screen, though it's much smaller. This area is there the entire time - intro movie, menus, gameplay. It's present at all resolutions, and the mouse and Steam overlay won't use it either. I run the game at the same resolution as my desktop, 1600x1200. When I exit the game, the desktop reappears perfectly. No other software has had this issue (SC2, League of Legends, Quake4, 3DMark).

System specs:
ATI Radeon HD 5850 1GB
ViewSonic 21" CRT (old-school but perfect picture) G220fb, run at 1600x1200 desktop and in game
Windows 7 64bit
i7 930 CPU 2.80 GHz (oc to 3.3GHz)
6 GB RAM
ASUS X58A-UD3R motherboard

Latest DirectX, ATI drivers, and motherboard firmware.
MkIII

PreviousNext

Return to Anomaly Warzone Earth technical issues & support for: PC, Mac, X360 and PS3