It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:14 pm

Infinite loop of the intro video... nothing else!

Anomaly Warzone Earth ... for Android devices. Tablets from Amazon with Android 2.3 and higher including Kindle Fire. Soon for all Android devices, hopefully.

Re: Infinite loop of the intro video... nothing else!

Postby IvanavI » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:02 pm

I know this is my third post in a row, but I thought I'd give some feedback. The update didn't quite fix the game, things would still get to the point where it would go back to intro a few seconds after starting a level until the phone is rebooted, but it seems that there is improvement. Previously I was unable to finish mission 5 as the level would crash to intro at a certain point every time, but with this update I was able to get through it and finish the mission.

Thanks, guys, keep up the good work. :)
IvanavI

Postby nbringer » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:11 pm

This is to confirm that the infinite intro loop is solved by the latest version at the Humble Indie Bundle.I could get all the way into the gameplay with no problems.

I can not say anything about stability as I played max 5 minutes.

I am using Archos 70i, Android 2.2.1 .

Thank you for your help! :mrgreen:
nbringer

Postby bdmarvel » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:56 pm

My device: Archos 70 internet tablet, 250 gb HDD version running latest firmware (2.4.82) and Android 2.2.1.

The looping intro video bug seems to have been resolved. The first time I ran the update the video crashed and took me straight to the menu. After playing the first mission to make sure the gameplay worked fine (It does so far,) I closed the program (with a task manager since I couldn't find an "Exit Game" button) and started it up again. The video played fine this time. Perhaps it was a one time issue, perhaps the intro video isn't fully stable, but it's infinitely better than before. I can actually play the game now. :)
bdmarvel

Postby TinyToon » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:34 pm

no change for me
android 2.3
still im stuck.
since you lack of any kind of bugreport iìll ask here
anyway i can be useful for you?
dmesg or lspci or any kind of logs i can provide will help?
TinyToon

Postby warnecruid » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:07 pm

Firsta posting here and also have the same problems as the other users. What,s worst it hangs my phone that I cant even reset the unit. By the way I have a samsung galaxy y phone with android os 2.3.6. Also I'm using the humble bundle android vwrsion. Hope you guys can fix this
warnecruid

Postby admin » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:59 am

Please re-download the game from Humble Bundle. It was updated after the Bundle was closed, but you have access to the bundle via the email you were given when purchased the bundle.
thx
admin
Site Admin

Postby Buzhi » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:06 pm

Hi!

I purchased the game a couple of weeks ago from Android Market and have been enjoying it without any problems untill yesterday when I all of a sudden got the problem described in this topic. I've got a Samsung Galaxy Note running Android Version 2.3.6 without any custom ROMs. I've tried rebooting the phone without any change so I'm wondering if it's possible to copy/paste the save file so I can reinstall the game without losing my progress.
Buzhi

Postby admin » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:56 pm

We don't know where the system puts files becuase the game "asks" Android system about it before installation.
However, you may manually find the save files.

Those are:
progress (without extension!)
progress.alt
stats
stats.alt
----------------
thx
admin
Site Admin

Postby jrobles » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:49 pm

Hi

Same behavior for me. The updates of HB don´t change anything.

Also the same with other games included in HB (FUNKY SMUGGLERS and ANOMALY KOREA).

My device: bq Kepler (aka STM803HC) official firmware (android 2.3 and 4.0) or Xteam Smartpad 810c unofficial firmware (android 4.1).
Size: 8" (800x600)

Could I post any kind of log?

Bye
jrobles

Postby admin » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:42 am

Hi,
Sorry for late answer.

I'm affraid we won't be able to help - we don't have access to such devices and we cannot reproduce the bug. Looks like they have some unusual hardware combination :/

thx
admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Anomaly Warzone Earth ... for Android devices