It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:02 pm

Infinite loop of the intro video... nothing else!

Anomaly Warzone Earth ... for Android devices. Tablets from Amazon with Android 2.3 and higher including Kindle Fire. Soon for all Android devices, hopefully.

Re: Infinite loop of the intro video... nothing else!

Postby IvanavI » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:54 am

AFAIK, except for the fact that the Market has received 1.12 and HB is still at 1.11, the version of the game on the Market is the same as the HB one (and there too you have people who have been unable to play the game). Actually, if you take a look at the other threads, there have been some Market-specific cockups such as people not being allowed to update as their phones were wrongly removed from the list of supported devices and so on. So, it's not "s*rew you HB people", but rather a case of "we're not very good at this 'support' thing". Hopefully, they'll get it right soon, they've made a nice game so it's a shame.

At least the PC version is fine. :)
IvanavI

Postby bdmarvel » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:18 pm

If the devs would like to get better at this whole support thing, here's a tip: Communicate. That means keeping us in the loop. Not telling us you'll have a fix tomorrow and then saying nothing while we wait a week for you to mention that the fix is only on the market. Not telling us it should be up on the humble bundle page that day and ignoring us while the days go by. Seriously, we WANT to play your game. I can't speak for everyone, but I know my desire is dwindling. I don't appreciate being strung along.
bdmarvel

Postby IvanavI » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:42 pm

^^ I could sign my name under this post.

Seriously admins and 11bit people, going out with a game that doesn't work for a lot of people and taking a while to fix it (probably due to limited resources and a heap of devices and OS versions) is bad but understandable, but leaving us without even a message saying "Sorry guys, we hit a snag, no update till Monday." is unprofessional to say the least.
IvanavI

Postby bdmarvel » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:41 am

Can we get another status update, please?
bdmarvel

Postby admin » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:55 am

Hi,
The update 1.12 went to HIB on Thursday. After delivering, we do not have influence on it and we can just wait until it goes live (did it, by the way?)

Regarding 1.13: "1.13 - Fixed loosing progress after update, cache problems and looped downloader. -> Update not required in Humble Bundle!"

Please notice we're really trying to solve issues. If I'm not sure the update is free of bugs then I can't say it'll go on, say, Monday. I did once and encountered delay becuase of bugs and then some forum users were "not-too-friendly" becuase of it. It's not helping either.
Please, let's respect each other, it really makes things go better and faster.
Peace :)
admin
Site Admin

Postby IvanavI » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:44 pm

Thanks for the reply, I've already emailed the HB support regarding the update. :) I could have done it earlier and we could have all saved ourselves some unnecessary posts here had we been informed earlier, though. ;)
IvanavI

Postby bdmarvel » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:54 am

Thanks for the reply. I didn't mean to come across as antagonistic. The fact that I created an account on these forums, continue to check this thread, and post, should tell you that I want to play the game. I just find the lack of communication very off-putting. I also find it very odd that you don't even know whether the HIB update has gone live or not, this long after submitting it. We can try to contact the folks at HIB on our end, but shouldn't this be something you're doing? Especially since you're seeking feedback on the update? I understand that there are a plethora of Android devices and I don't mind giving feedback on the updates, but if 1.13 doesn't fix my game, I can't help but wonder how many more weeks I'll have to wait before I can try the next one.

Anyway, I just checked and the HIB version is still 1.11. Of all the HIB games, this was the one I most wanted to play on my Android, so I hope they get the update soon. Please keep us informed. As soon as I do get the update, I'll let you know whether I continue to experience the same issues.
bdmarvel

Postby admin » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:54 am

Hi,
Yep, sure we have written to HIB after the update was prepared. It looks like the guys updated the game and now it shows 21st Feb as the day of the last update.

EDIT - also, it's a bit easier with Android Market to list supported/unsupported devices. Via HIB all is theoretically supported while some devices are out of our reach so we're trying to fix bugs more-less "remotely" - by that I mean we're doing it blind and hoping that it would just work :P
admin
Site Admin

Postby IvanavI » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:55 pm

Unfortunately, this update only broke the game further for me. After the intro with no video (which was the case before as well), I am greeted with a corrupt menu, showing two small purple side by side pictures of what should be on the screen. That was never the case before. Also, a "clean install", performed in the best Windows fashion (uninstall, reboot, reinstall, reboot) didn't help. :(

The silver lining might be that the game loaded the first level fine, but that was usually the case before as well after a reboot, so I'm not sure if that's an improvement or not.
IvanavI

Postby IvanavI » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:34 pm

Sorry about the double post, but good news everyone! Taking a hint from another thread, I switched to a ROM with a later Android version and the corruption is now gone. This may mean an update to the game's system requirements! My previous Android version was 2.3.5, which was a no go, and the current one is 2.3.7. The member from the linked post is on 2.3.6, so that seems to be the required version for this update.

I'll post again when I have the time to properly check the game (at work now), but so far so good.
IvanavI

PreviousNext

Return to Anomaly Warzone Earth ... for Android devices