It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:30 pm

Crawler unit glides instead of walking?

Anomaly Warzone Earth ... for Android devices. Tablets from Amazon with Android 2.3 and higher including Kindle Fire. Soon for all Android devices, hopefully.

Crawler unit glides instead of walking?

Postby mlbl » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:36 am

I noticed in this video below, the crawler unit is walking with its legs moving:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... W238#t=97s

but in the current version of the game (1.09 bought from the Humble Bundle) - the crawler unit just "glides" like a tank, the legs don't move at all - why is that? Is this a graphics glitch?
mlbl

Re: Crawler unit glides instead of walking?

Postby admin » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:09 pm

Hi,
What hardware do you use? Simply, it's technically challenge for indies to test all possible hardware out there.
admin
Site Admin

Postby mlbl » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:39 pm

Hi there, I tested it on my ASUS EEE Pad Transformer TF101 (not the transformer prime but the first generation transformer). I also tried it on my nexus one but i get the same "gliding" issue as well. no animation whatsoever, just glides like a tank...i think a lot of people are probably facing this, just that its not reported/cared.

i do understand its really challenging for small time indie developers to test all combinations of hardware but i think this might be a common issue across most if not all the hardwares..like my nexus one is just using an old adreno 200 chipset, you could try it out on an adreno chipset, 205, 220 etc and you should technically see the problem...hopefully you guys can get this fixed :)
mlbl

Postby mlbl » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:34 pm

For your reference you can also refer to this video of someone reviewing the game on the latest samsung galaxy nexus - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... fO8#t=112s

you can see the unit gliding rather than "walking"
mlbl

Postby admin » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:23 pm

To be honest, I'm not sure if this device is available in our country :) but anyway we're doing our best to fix issues.
Both HIB version and Android Market are updated today to 1.11 version with new fixes inside.
admin
Site Admin

Postby mlbl » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:11 am

admin wrote:To be honest, I'm not sure if this device is available in our country :) but anyway we're doing our best to fix issues.
Both HIB version and Android Market are updated today to 1.11 version with new fixes inside.

well i'm sure you guys should probably have an android phone/device that is powered by an adreno GPU - you should be able to see the issue on those devices i believe
mlbl

Postby Inu » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:33 am

I can attest to what is being said as I am also having the same issue with gliding crawlers. Also would like to mention that particle effects (of I think fire?) are just black squares for me.

Btw I'm running ICS on the Asus Transformer Prime
Inu

Postby admin » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:00 pm

mlbl wrote:well i'm sure you guys should probably have an android phone/device that is powered by an adreno GPU - you should be able to see the issue on those devices i believe

We do certainly. The issue is not the GPU but the drivers. One GPU is ran by many different drivers for, like many Samsung Galaxy models have the same GPU inside but each utilizes its own driver :\
Anyway, we're constantly tracking down the reported issues to solve them. Feedback is welcome, thanks!
admin
Site Admin

Postby targetbsp » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:18 pm

I should point out that this affects the Adreno 200 in my ZTE Blade too. It doesn't bother me so I've not mentioned it. But for the sake of others, if you don't have a phone with the issue to test it on, I'm willing to beta test any random ideas you might have towards fixing it - if any having not seen the problem.

I have a complete backup of my phone state and this app and its data so my phone is a perfectly safe test bed and it wouldn't matter in the slightest if any beta code trashed everything. :D I also have this other minor issue: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=195
When you got the bigger issues out the way and having everyone able to play, the offer is there if you need it. I've tested a couple of games, an app and android firmware before informally for people and also I'm a developer myself (though not Android) so I'm sympathetic to being unable to reproduce the issue!
targetbsp

Next

Return to Anomaly Warzone Earth ... for Android devices