It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:28 pm

Visual glitches @ LG P350 Stock V10F

Anomaly Warzone Earth ... for Android devices. Tablets from Amazon with Android 2.3 and higher including Kindle Fire. Soon for all Android devices, hopefully.

Visual glitches @ LG P350 Stock V10F

Postby crispian » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:04 am

First up, the game looks awesome in screenshots, the audio is great and the commanding officer voice is well picked.

However, I'm using a stock LG P350 and suffering from a strange visual glitch. I purchased the app from the market and everything installed and downloaded fine. I contemplated refunding, but somehow I think this title might be worth holding out for a fix.

The game loads, there is no introductory video (although I can see a "start.mp4" file that opens on my PC after a bit of persuasion).

The background to the menu screen is 'dark' with off flickering artifacts here and there, I guess they are towers or something, but they are not displaying correctly.

I can start the game, text doesn't fit properly in the box at the bottom, and exceeds the bottom line of the box.

After progressing past the route-planning screen to the main game screen the show-stopper of a problem is evident.
The main game screen, where the units proceed along the route past the towers displays the same 'darkness' that the menu screen does. Trees are barely visible, but obvious, towers cannot be seen at all, except for their firing 'muzzle flash'.

Oddly, when the mission is complete and the view blurs to show the achievement/score, for a moment the game area appears (although blurred). Once you return to the game for the next level, again the dark map re-occurs.

The units also appear strange, rather than looking like an APC, they seem to be a rectangle of tiny blue and green dots,

There's no other Apps installed on this device, I've restored the stock software using the official application. After setting up the market, the game is the first thing installed.

Will keep checking back for a fix/explanation. Good luck, and keep up the great work!
crispian

Re: Visual glitches @ LG P350 Stock V10F

Postby crispian » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:36 am

Some images that might help explain. Sorry about the quality, I've an unstable hand and I'm no photographer! ;)
crispian

Postby admin » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:40 pm

We'll be updating the game and trying to fix all encountered issues.
Thank you for patience. However, if you prefer to get refunded, please contact us at support@11bitstudios.com.
Cheers!
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:17 pm

Hey,
What about the last update? We've been improving the driver function, so hope now the graphics would display correctly.
thx
admin
Site Admin

Postby crispian » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:41 am

Hey, I'll try out the new version when I next reload the stock rom, I found the game ran fine under Cyanogen 7.2 bar the intro video playing only the audio. Enjoying the story and gameplay! I
crispian

Postby cruelty » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:15 pm

I have the same issues on my stock Samsung Galaxy Ace (S5830). I am using latest app version purchased + installed today.
cruelty

Postby admin » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:33 am

We've prepared new update but it doesn't work properly, so it's gonna be tested today. If we're sure it works fine, it'll go live.
admin
Site Admin

Postby cruelty » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:05 am

OK, I'll keep my fingers crossed 8-)
cruelty

Postby Goldob » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:32 pm

Hi :]
I have the same issues on my Samsung Galaxy 551, so I hope you will release this update soon ;). By the way, could you change format of intro video file? My phone cannot open mp4 files and I think that 3gp file should be displayed properly on all devices ;).

EDIT: Thanks for the update. Unfortunately, the problem on my phone is now even worse - now everything is displayed twice and only at the top of the screen. Colours aren't displayed correctly - for example 11 bit studios logo is green instead of red. I was trying to fix it by restarting device and reinstalling game, but it did't help. The only positive change is that now all textures are displayed ;).
Last edited by Goldob on Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Goldob

Postby cruelty » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:14 pm

After today's update it works like it should on Galaxy Ace! 8-)
The only problem left is lack of intro video... mp4 is not supported on my device :(
cruelty

Next

Return to Anomaly Warzone Earth ... for Android devices