It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:16 pm

Game fails to shut down on SGS2 - solved!

Anomaly Warzone Earth ... for Android devices. Tablets from Amazon with Android 2.3 and higher including Kindle Fire. Soon for all Android devices, hopefully.

Game fails to shut down on SGS2 - solved!

Postby Zavod » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:27 pm

First - love the game! One of the most polished Android games I've played.

Running on a Samsung Galaxy S2... (Android 2.3.6, HyperDroid)

I noticed a huge loss of battery power at the end of day 2, and I looked at my battery usage. It showed a huge drain while the phone's screen was off. Despite the screen being off, it said that the phone was "awake" during that period.

Then today I exited Anomaly with the phone's "Back" button.
A few minutes later I checked to see what processes were running, and it had this game taking up about 2-3% CPU, even though it was supposed to have exited.

I conclude: Anomaly isn't shutting down properly, and therefore is draining the battery.
Zavod

Re: Game fails to shut down on SGS2

Postby admin » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:14 pm

We'll be checking this. Can't estimate when but we plan to add Exit function. Thanks for reporting!
admin
Site Admin

Postby soreloser » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:06 am

hi i probably have a similar problem on my sensation.

just bought it as part of the humble bundle and installed it.
running htc's 2.3.3 rom with launcherpro over sense.

i can get back to my home screen by using either the home button or the back button.
normally if i was already out of an app, using the volume rocker at this point will allow me to change my "ringer volume".
however if i do this after "getting out" of the game, my volume rocker will change my "media volume" instead, as if i am still "in" the game.
soreloser

Postby admin » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:20 pm

Either on Android market or on HIB we'll make it updated to have the Exit button.
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:16 pm

The battery consumption and background running issues should be already fixed with the last update. There's no Exit button, but the game now should not eat power when phone's hibernated or game is running in the back.
admin
Site Admin

Postby soreloser » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:49 am

thanks.
that fixed my volume control problem.
soreloser

Re: Game fails to shut down on SGS2 - solved!

Postby wimspree » Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:52 am

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting
wimspree

Next

Return to Anomaly Warzone Earth ... for Android devices