Page 1 of 1

Medals achievement bug

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:53 pm
by Achilleus
Hi there.

First let me congratulate you on the quality of your game: it's a great new take on the Tower Defense genre.

I've encountered a Crystal achievement bug while completing the game: even though I've finished the 15 missions on hardcore and won all the gold medals for all the missions (I have _that_ achievement), I'm missing the two 5x gold medals achievements.

I suspect it's a bug.

Also, though the local and national leaderboards for France where I live are OK (noone is posting outrageous scores), the "global" board is just spammed by cheaters, which makes that board useless: isn't there anything you can do clean it up? There should be a way to automatically disqualify scores that are simply unattainable given the amount of cash and abilities available (even with supply trucks). Even mission 15 could be capped: if one with much more patience than I were to play it till one's blue in the face, you could decide to blow the damn core when one reaches a given score and be done with it.

Last, a couple of suggestions:
-- Implement checkpoints in Squad Assault mode after each wave is complete. Right now, especially in the beginning, when one's troops are not well upgraded, one may have to restart repeatedly, which is extremely frustrating. If you think saving after each wave is too easy, make it every two or three waves. But the game will be all the more fun which such a feature in place. It's not that the game is too hard without checkpoints: I've managed to get a pretty good score (it's actually the best French score right now). But it's just annoying to have to restart the first few levels over and over because of little mistakes and feeble troops.

-- Implement an endless option in Squad Assault mode, also with checkpoints.

I hope you'll find this feedback useful.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

I wish you a merry Xmas and a happy new year.

Best regards.

Re: Medals achievement bug

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:31 am
by admin
Hi Achillo ;)

Thank you for the feedback.

Achilleus wrote:I've encountered a Crystal achievement bug while completing the game: even though I've finished the 15 missions on hardcore and won all the gold medals for all the missions (I have _that_ achievement), I'm missing the two 5x gold medals achievements.
I suspect it's a bug.

Yep, this could be a bug. I'm putting this issue to QA line. Thanks for reporting.
Achilleus wrote:Also, though the local and national leaderboards for France where I live are OK (noone is posting outrageous scores), the "global" board is just spammed by cheaters, which makes that board useless: isn't there anything you can do clean it up?

The scores are handled by the Crystal system. Some time ago we've asked Chillingo to delete the cheated scores and they did. If the cheated scores appear again, there's nothing much to do, I'm affraid. Deleting won't help, the cheaters gonna cheat :(
Achilleus wrote:Last, a couple of suggestions:
-- Implement checkpoints in Squad Assault mode after each wave is complete. Right now, especially in the beginning, when one's troops are not well upgraded, one may have to restart repeatedly, which is extremely frustrating. If you think saving after each wave is too easy, make it every two or three waves. But the game will be all the more fun which such a feature in place. It's not that the game is too hard without checkpoints: I've managed to get a pretty good score (it's actually the best French score right now). But it's just annoying to have to restart the first few levels over and over because of little mistakes and feeble troops.
-- Implement an endless option in Squad Assault mode, also with checkpoints.

That's becuase Squad Assault modes were thought to be a kind of "get as far as you can" challenge. But that is a point to consider for add-ons, sequels etc.

Thanks!
11 bit

Re: Medals achievement bug

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:48 am
by admin
Hi,
Does this relate to iOS version of the game?
thx

Re: Medals achievement bug

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:36 pm
by admin
Are you one of those really nice bots?
o_0

Re: Medals achievement bug

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:02 am
by quake1337
thanks

Re: Medals achievement bug

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:11 am
by WasIstDas
thanks it helped

Re: Medals achievement bug

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:31 am
by madooeiei