It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:20 pm

Cannot Start TWoM - Two Different Computers

Cannot Start TWoM - Two Different Computers

Postby Kiramay » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:56 am

I've got a Windows 7 64-bit laptop I use for gaming and a newly built desktop with Windows 8.1 64-bit. Can I Run It? says I meet the minimum requirements to run the game, and I meet most of the recommended on both my computers.
I received this is a gift copy from a friend and was so excited to play it, but this game has given me absolutely nothing but trouble and I have no idea what to do, or if I'm doing anything wrong. No other steam game has ever given me trouble like this.
The results have been about the same on both computers. Starting up the game is a fun adventure. It often immediately freezes there in a black screen. Sometimes the music starts playing, but the screen is completely black. From there is it impossible to close out the game. Alt-tabbing results in the computer screen to be resized and the game is unable to be closed out by right clicking or by using task manager (task manager appears to be responsive, but no right-clicking seems to be allowed and it is impossible to select anything to force close it). The game can only be shut down by logging off/shutting down the computer.
For the few times I can make it to the title screen there is absolutely no visible text, it is just the background art and music playing. There sound from where the buttons are supposed to be plays, but no text is visible. I was once able to get it to play by selecting where the starting button should be, but the game was very choppy starting up and was quickly impossible to play without visible text. The game appeared to keep freezing - but I think it might have been starter text pop-ups that I just could not see. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling and verifying integrity of game cache, but nothing seems to change it.
Has anyone else had these issues or know what is happening?
Kiramay

Re: Cannot Start TWoM - Two Different Computers

Postby jiuer7845 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:42 am

jiuer7845

SHZ

Postby LaylaPenelope » Sat May 07, 2022 1:40 pm

It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commentators here! Thuisbatterij
LaylaPenelope

SHZ

Postby LaylaPenelope » Sat May 07, 2022 1:41 pm

Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer!.. Zwembad aanleggen
LaylaPenelope

SHZ

Postby LaylaPenelope » Sat May 07, 2022 1:43 pm

We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. Great work Premies zonnepanelen
LaylaPenelope

SHZ

Postby LaylaPenelope » Sat May 07, 2022 1:45 pm

I just found this blog and have high hopes for it to continue. Keep up the great work, its hard to find good ones. I have added to my favorites. Thank You. Zwembad aanleggen
LaylaPenelope

SHZ

Postby LaylaPenelope » Sat May 07, 2022 1:46 pm

I think I have never seen such blogs ever before that has complete things with all details which I want. So kindly update this ever for us. Zonnepanelen
LaylaPenelope

SHZ

Postby LaylaPenelope » Sat May 07, 2022 1:48 pm

My friend mentioned to me your blog, so I thought I’d read it for myself. Very interesting insights, will be back for more! Zwembad aanleggen
LaylaPenelope

SHZ

Postby LaylaPenelope » Sat May 07, 2022 1:50 pm

I need to to thank you for this very good read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked to check out new things you post… Zonnepanelen installatie
LaylaPenelope

SHZ

Postby LaylaPenelope » Sat May 07, 2022 1:51 pm

Well, this got me thinking what other workouts are good for those of us who find ourselves on the road or have limited equipment options. Laserontharing
LaylaPenelope

Next

Return to Let us know about bugs and tech issues in TWoM