It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:03 pm

Some Questions Regarding GFX Cards

Some Questions Regarding GFX Cards

Postby JarheadJim » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:30 am

Saw a YouTube vid of TWoM and thought it looked VERY interesting.. Want to get from GOG site but want to make sure I have correct (or functional equivalent) GFX hardware before purchase & download..

I have Dell Precision 380 with Nvidia Quadro NVS 285 card.. Have no idea how it compares to GeForce or Radeon cards you have stated as "minimum requirements".. Would you please investigate tech specs and advise me on compatibility? I'd rather NOT have to get a new GFX card (thought it IS the Holiday Season.. hmmm..)

Just in-case I DO have to get a new card..
Will ANY GeForce 9600 card work.. (ASUS, BFG, TwinTech, etc.) or does it have to be OEM from Nvidia?..

According to GPUZoo Radeon HD4000 is a 512MB card..
Does that mean we don't actually NEED a GeForce 9600 and it's 1GB of memory??
Cuz if TWoM will run on 512MB Radeon card shouldn't it ALSO run on a 512MB GeForce card??

Eagerly awaiting your answers..
JarheadJim
JarheadJim

Re: Some Questions Regarding GFX Cards

Postby Frosty » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:05 pm

There is a site called Game Debate it has a very useful tool that allows one to see how his PC compares to minimum and recommended hardware requirements. It's below the Requirements look for "CAN I RUN".

http://www.game-debate.com/games/index. ... 0Of%20Mine

Usually if your GPU is within 50% of recommended the game should run smoothly on medium settings.

I have an Intel HD Graphics which is crap when it comes to gaming to say the least but it runs TWoM pretty well on 1366*768 so I can say it's not a very demanding game. Any GPU made in the past 4-5 years should run this game.
Frosty

Postby Borys » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:03 am

We're not sure whether Nvidia Quadro NVS 285 will do. It might help, if you sent us your dxdiag file (borys.zajaczkowski@11bitstudios.com). What the game really needs is Shader Model 3.0 and 512 MB on card.

Where did you find info that TWOM needs Radeon 512 MB or Nvidia 1024 MB?
Borys

Postby JarheadJim » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:16 am

In a reply to another post on this forum it was stated that minimum req. for TWoM was, "..GeForce 9600 or Radeon 4000HD.."

GPUZoo.. http://www.gpuzoo.com/ Has Radeon 4000 rated @ 512Mb & GeForce 9600 @ 1Gb..

I will run DxDiag & send..

Thank You
JarheadJim

Postby Borys » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:07 am

JarheadJim wrote:GPUZoo.. http://www.gpuzoo.com/ Has Radeon 4000 rated @ 512Mb & GeForce 9600 @ 1Gb.

Those are not the requirements you're looking for. :) Correct requirements are given wherever TWOM is being sold: Games Republic, Steam, GOG, HumbleBundle. 512 MB is minimal, 1024 MB are recommended regardless of a card manufacturer.

I got your DxDiag and the answer is... there is a CHANCE the game will work on your card IF you do the following:
1. Update GFX drivers.
2. Increase dedicated memory to 512 MB.
Recommended if possible 3. Increase screen resolution.

No guarantees, however.
Borys

Postby JarheadJim » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:23 pm

nVidia Control Panel set to automatically update drivers every month..

EVERY GFX Card forum I've looked at says its impossible to increase "dedicated memory" without changing cards..

While I'm pretty sure my current card supports higher resolutions, my MONITOR only goes to 1280x1024..

Looks like I need to revise my list to Santa..

Thank You..
JarheadJim

Postby Borys » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:41 am

I'm afraid so - tell Santa you need more dedicated memory. He'll understand. :)
Borys

Postby wimspree » Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:56 am

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru
wimspree

Next

Return to Let us know about bugs and tech issues in TWoM