It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:12 pm

Two bugs (one fairly serious) and one complaint/suggestion

Two bugs (one fairly serious) and one complaint/suggestion

Postby AdamB1384 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:33 pm

Two bugs to report:

On my current play through I started with Roman, Bruno and Arica. I picked up Katia a little bit later. Recently I picked up a 5th character, Amelia.

Bug 1

At first this was fine. But one night I sent one of my party out on a mission to help someone. When she came back I started having problems. Now, every night when I am setting up who will sleep, guard and scavenge for the night, there are only four characters shown even though I have five living in the house. The fifth character seems to occupy a blank "slot" at the top of the list but I am unable to see anything, select anything, change anything, etc. This is a serious problem for obvious reasons but it gets very frustrating when the character I need to do something specific (such as go out scavenging) is at the top of the list and blanked out. Their behavior defaults to "sleep" so they always sleep poorly and I can't use the character.

Bug 2

Another bug I noticed is with fighting. Roman has fought Bruno twice. I don't know why he is doing it because he is not sad or depressed. But that's besides the point - Even though Roman and Bruno fought, Katia acts like she was the one attacked, talking about how Roman "beat her" (not possible since she was out scavenging both nights) It makes her sad/depressed as well. Roman and Bruno seem to have the appropriate physical damage from a fight (wounded) but Katia picks up the emotional damage like she was the one who was attacked.

Suggestion

I also wanted to suggest a way to make characters leave. If Roman keeps picking fights, the logical thing that would happen in real life is he would be made to leave by the others. There is simply no way to do this in the game without killing him off and incurring the devastating effects it has on the other characters. Right now I can't even send him out to be killed - because he's usually the one stuck in the "phantom slot" I mentioned above.

This doesn't come up much but I think it would be a very good feature to add with not a lot of extra programming. Making a character leave could have some interesting effects - perhaps the person who was being attacked would become content, maybe others sad - but anything would be better than this. When you have got a guy walking around your house who is beating people up, and everyone generally acts completely indifferent to that fact, AND there is no way to remove him from the house, the realism of the game really collapses.

Adam
AdamB1384

Re: Two bugs (one fairly serious) and one complaint/suggesti

Postby Borys » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:53 pm

We'll check that blank slot.
We're thinking about expelling survivors for certain death.
Borys

Re: Two bugs (one fairly serious) and one complaint/suggesti

Postby wimspree » Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:48 am

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting
wimspree

Return to Let us know about bugs and tech issues in TWoM