It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:41 pm

Crash on start

Crash on start

Postby sbest67 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:10 am

When I attempt to launch, I get a "preparing to launch the game" for a split second, then nothing. It will not allow me to attach the ConsoleLog, so here is the content:
Build time: 01/12/2014 03:21:54
Current time: 06/12/2014 16:5:53
Initializing engine...
System memory: 1024 MB
Initializing steam
Steam appId: 282070
Mounting directory C:\Users\Steven\AppData\Roaming to user
Mounting directory C:\Users\Steven\AppData\Roaming/11bitstudios/This War Of Mine to project
Mounting internal file system: 0xFFFFFF7F
Mounting container F:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/This War of Mine/animations.dat at animations
Container mounted successfully: F:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/This War of Mine/animations.dat
Mounting container F:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/This War of Mine/common.dat at common
Container mounted successfully: F:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/This War of Mine/common.dat
Mounting container F:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/This War of Mine/scenes.dat at scenes
Container mounted successfully: F:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/This War of Mine/scenes.dat
Mounting container F:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/This War of Mine/sounds.dat at sounds
Container mounted successfully: F:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/This War of Mine/sounds.dat
Mounting container F:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/This War of Mine/templates.dat at templates
Container mounted successfully: F:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/This War of Mine/templates.dat
Mounting container F:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/This War of Mine/voices.dat at voices
Container mounted successfully: F:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/This War of Mine/voices.dat
Mounting container F:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/This War of Mine/videos.dat at videos
Container mounted successfully: F:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/This War of Mine/videos.dat
Mounted (ok:1)
LiquidEngine::LoadProjectConfigFile
Initializing LiquidRenderer...
Rendering device initialization started
Rendering device initialization status: 0
Device reset requested [0]
sbest67

Re: Crash on start

Postby Ambro » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:54 pm

I'v the same problem, with the same log:

Build time: 01/12/2014 12:21:54
Current time: 08/12/2014 14:32:26
Initializing engine...
System memory: 1024 MB
Initializing steam
Steam appId: 282070
Mounting directory C:\Users\Davide\AppData\Roaming to user
Mounting directory C:\Users\Davide\AppData\Roaming/11bitstudios/This War Of Mine to project
Mounting internal file system: 0xFFFFFF7F
Mounting container D:/Games/steamapps/common/This War of Mine/animations.dat at animations
Container mounted successfully: D:/Games/steamapps/common/This War of Mine/animations.dat
Mounting container D:/Games/steamapps/common/This War of Mine/common.dat at common
Container mounted successfully: D:/Games/steamapps/common/This War of Mine/common.dat
Mounting container D:/Games/steamapps/common/This War of Mine/scenes.dat at scenes
Container mounted successfully: D:/Games/steamapps/common/This War of Mine/scenes.dat
Mounting container D:/Games/steamapps/common/This War of Mine/sounds.dat at sounds
Container mounted successfully: D:/Games/steamapps/common/This War of Mine/sounds.dat
Mounting container D:/Games/steamapps/common/This War of Mine/templates.dat at templates
Container mounted successfully: D:/Games/steamapps/common/This War of Mine/templates.dat
Mounting container D:/Games/steamapps/common/This War of Mine/voices.dat at voices
Container mounted successfully: D:/Games/steamapps/common/This War of Mine/voices.dat
Mounting container D:/Games/steamapps/common/This War of Mine/videos.dat at videos
Container mounted successfully: D:/Games/steamapps/common/This War of Mine/videos.dat
Mounted (ok:1)
LiquidEngine::LoadProjectConfigFile
Initializing LiquidRenderer...
Rendering device initialization started
Rendering device initialization status: 0
Device reset requested [0]

My laptop is a Lenovo Ideapad Y510P with Windows 8.1.
I've already tryed to reinstall the game and verify Cache Integrity.
Ambro

Postby Borys » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:06 pm

Our programmer is working on it. Could you - just to be sure there is nothing more to it - describe your hardware? Maybe send me dxdiag files: borys.zajaczkowski@11bitstudios.com :)
Borys

Postby Ambro » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:16 pm

Borys wrote:Our programmer is working on it. Could you - just to be sure there is nothing more to it - describe your hardware? Maybe send me dxdiag files: borys.zajaczkowski@11bitstudios.com :)

Done ;)
Ambro

Postby sbest67 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:21 pm

Sorry, this one was my fault... Had the newest NVidia drivers that were buggy, so rolled them back, ended up with corrupted drivers. Did a re-install and is all fixed.
This game is SPECTACULAR!!! Just wish you could add in a way to make your OWN characters. Not change the abilities or anything, just the ability to rename and maybe slightly customize them.
Just for reference:
Asus Sabertooth MB
AMD 8350 8-core CPU OC'd to 4.0
32GB GSkill 1866 RAM
EVGA GTX 770
3x Kingston 240GB SSD in RAID 0
Seagate 2TB SATA III
Asus BD-R
sbest67

Postby Ambro » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:23 pm

sbest67 wrote:Sorry, this one was my fault... Had the newest NVidia drivers that were buggy, so rolled them back, ended up with corrupted drivers. Did a re-install and is all fixed.

What was the drivers version?
I've 327.62

EDIT: Solved! Also in my case drivers were the problem. With the new ones (344) the game works.
Ambro

Postby Borys » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:10 pm

I'm glad to read that. :)
Borys

Postby wimspree » Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:47 am

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо
wimspree

Next

Return to Let us know about bugs and tech issues in TWoM