It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:45 am

Bug: Unraidable Base

Bug: Unraidable Base

Postby WarNeverChanges » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:50 pm

I stumbled on to a bug that makes all of your belongings completely safe. I am playing on day 21 right now with only Marko the scavenger; I go out scavenging every night and have never lost an item to a raid (even though I am raided almost every night). All you do is leave any searchable spot open in your house (never 'grab all', always leave at least one item in the pile/cupboard/cabinet) and before you go to night time, simply deposit EVERYTHING you own except what you are taking with you to scavenge for the night. When you do this, your 'household inventory' is considered completely empty even though all of your stuff is still safe in the house. The next morning you return with an inventory full of new loot, find the house has been raided, and then casually go to your pile and proceed to take everything you need to work on the house for the day. This bug makes one of the essential challenges of the game (security for your base) a total non-issue. I can stock pile as much of everything as I want and never have to reinforce my base. I will mention that constantly being raided and "having everything stolen" does make Marko sad from time to time, but he's sad with over 2 weeks worth of food, a fully upgraded base, and medicine/bandages galore.

Obviously this is a voluntary bug, if you don't want to use it then just don't. I just figured that this was overlooked and not intentionally left in the game.
WarNeverChanges

Re: Bug: Unraidable Base

Postby Borys » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:27 pm

Yeah... it's fixed in the patch. I'm sorry. ;)
Borys

Postby JensTheViking » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:44 pm

I can't remember a single incident where the prepared food (soup) was stolen. Is that unlootable or have I just been lucky?
JensTheViking

Postby not_old_redditor » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:27 am

That would be a laugh. As your scavenger is coming home after a long night, he sees bandits running out of the safehouse with a bowl of soup in each hand. :lol:
not_old_redditor

Postby JensTheViking » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:42 am

Yes that would be humorous but the prepared food being a bowl of soup is just an assumption based on the icon. Then again, if you're desperate enough to eat rat you're most likely desperate enough to try and balance your way out of the house balancing two bowls of soup in your hands and one bowl on top of our head... :ugeek:
JensTheViking

Postby Borys » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:35 pm

Maybe your soup is inedible for anyone else? ;p
Borys

Postby wimspree » Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:15 am

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting
wimspree

Next

Return to Let us know about bugs and tech issues in TWoM