It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:38 am

Issues recording with Dxtory (split videos)

Issues recording with Dxtory (split videos)

Postby Aavak » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:42 am

Hello 11bit Studios :)

First and foremost, congratulations on making such a fantastic game, as enjoyable as it is thought provoking.

However, as a Let's Player I've encountered some issues with recording the game. Namely, that using Dxtory to capture the video, during the loading sequence between night and day scenes the video will stop recording and start again. I can't claim to have any significant technical knowledge on how Dxtory captures video, but this behaviour is similar to what happens when a game loses focus while recording (alt+tab) or in some cases when a game stops responding entirely.

I've noted that other users (posts on the Steam community group for This War Of Mine) have also found this to be a problem with FRAPS, however some have pointed out that OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) does not suffer from this issue.

After a cursory search through these forums I wasn't able to find any information about this issue, so in case you are unawares I thought it best to post myself :)

If you require any further information I'd be happy to answer any detailed questions on the software/settings/hardware I use, or provide you with copies of the split video files that Dxtory produces when recording this game :)

Cheers,
Aavak.
Aavak

Re: Issues recording with Dxtory (split videos)

Postby Borys » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:42 pm

Hi!

Thank you for kind words. :)

About video capture... Have you tried FRAPS yourself? Trial version would do for testing purposes.

Or... contact Dxtory makers about that issue. :)

Cheers!
Borys

Re: Issues recording with Dxtory (split videos)

Postby wimspree » Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:00 am

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо
wimspree

Return to Let us know about bugs and tech issues in TWoM