It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:11 am

Play-trough finished, List of issues.

Play-trough finished, List of issues.

Postby Jorn » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:27 pm

First off, the game is great, very different, very difficult, challenging, immersive. Good stuff.

But if you want a game to be this difficult, with forced automatic saving, then there cannot be any game breaking bugs.
The most game breaking bugs are the ones where NPC's suddenly go angry without valid reason, I found several, see the following list:

NPC hostility bugs:

- Running can trigger hostility.
...Can happen in every area with NPC's.

- Run Bashing a door open can trigger hostility.
...Can happen in every area with NPC's.

- Clicking the 'trade' icon next to an NPC when he is asleep can trigger hostility.
...Possible in 'Shelled School' when trading with the rebels.

- Clicking the 'trade' icon can cause your player to walk into an 'off limit' area, triggering hostility.
...Possible in 'Shelled School' area when trading with the rebels.
..Possible in 'Garage' area when trading with the son.
.There is no 'Knock door' or 'say hello', 'Im friendly' button, so sometimes you click the 'trade' icon next to an npc, your character walks up to him, NPC's go INSANE and shoot you, killing your character and possibly your game.

- Activating ANY loot pile in an area will trigger NPC hostility either immediately or on next visit of area.
...Happens in every area with NPC's. I had this happen at 'Central square', 'Shelled School', 'Military Outpost', 'Garage', 'Hospital', pretty much every area with NPC's.
..Be aware: This is not only when taking items from a 'Private property' loot pile, it happens when activating ANY loot pile, even rubble piles far away or the ones that don't show a loot table but just trigger a text balloon from your character, E.g. 'Nothing but junk here.'

Other bugs:
-When a body lies near a 'grated door' / 'doorway closed with bars' the body cannot be looted. Clicking the 'pick up' icon will activate the barred door and prompt a message like 'I need a saw to open this'.

-Fists of steel: NPC's fighting back with fists attack so quickly they can often 'stunlock' a player, even if the player is armed with a weapon 'knife/shovel/crowbar'.

-The 'We've been raided' summary doesn't always properly reflect what happened. Sometimes it says the bandits were not so aggressive and we managed to fight them off without wounds, still players can turn out to be wounded.

-Epilogue overview. At the complete end, some character epilogue text cannot be read as there is no way to scroll.

Suggestions:
-A 'knock/'hello friendly'/sound' button during scavenging. This way you can keep standing outside the forbidden area, but call out the trader so you don't have to go in and trigger hostility.
-Tune down Fists attack speed, its too much.
-Tune down NPC random hostility, see list above.

All in all, very fun and challenging game. But I will be waiting for after the issues are patched before I do a second play through or recommend it to others.

Cheers.
Jorn

Re: Play-trough finished, List of issues.

Postby Borys » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:10 pm

Thank you for the list. :)

I think most of those will be fixed in the patch which is almost finished. However some of the 'issues' you mentioned might be intentional, actually - what would you think of a complete stranger that bursts into you home and runs to your kitchen?

Cheers!
Borys

Postby Jorn » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:17 pm

However some of the 'issues' you mentioned might be intentional, actually - what would you think of a complete stranger that bursts into you home and runs to your kitchen?

I'd shoot him! (If I lived in a war-torn city of course :) )
Fair enough, guess its one of the penalties of constant running around hah.

Another thing I noticed but forgot, perhaps its intentional as well but I figured I'd mention it.

-If one player-character does something bad in an area and NPC's go hostile, they will be hostile to all other player-characters as well. Perhaps they knew we were living together or something? Still, this always seemed a bit odd to me. Combined with the high chance of accidental angry NPC's.. =)

Anyway, thanks for the reaction and good to hear a patch is on the way!
Second play-through certainly coming, this is a gem of a game.

Cheers.
Jorn

Postby Borys » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:47 pm

It depends. There was a minor bug that could cause NPC's to overreact - it's been fixed (patch). However the level of reaction to your characters depends on a severity of your deed. And yes - they may know you live together. Don't hurt people if you don't want them to hurt you. Applies to real life also. :)
Borys

Postby JensTheViking » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:43 pm

I've had few situations where the game states in the morning - out of nowhere - that survivor x is feeling a lot better even though no previous ailments were observed. Maybe he/she got depressed during the night and bounced right back up in the morning? I guess I shood look into this a bit more carefully so I can provide you with some actual intel... :oops:
JensTheViking

Postby Borys » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:47 pm

You're right - We'd need more intel definitely. :) One thing - by no ailments you mean: not sick, not wounded and not depressed?
Borys

Postby JensTheViking » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:48 pm

Borys wrote:You're right - We'd need more intel definitely. :) One thing - by no ailments you mean: not sick, not wounded and not depressed?

Yes exactly. I'll try and get some data or pics to you but so far I've been too immersed in the game that I don't want to interrupt it by taking photos etc. :)
JensTheViking

Postby AdamB1384 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:47 pm

I had some similar problems with hostility as well. I went to the hospital once and was looking around. I found a cabinet in a room where there were no other characters nearby. The cabinet didn't indicate I would be stealing if I tried to open it, so I did but it was locked. I walked away (didn't try any funny business like lock-picking), and nobody heard me but when I got near people they all started reacting and shooting at me. It's definitely a bit frustrating because there was no way they would have known I tried anything, and really the game didn't indicate to me I would be doing something wrong if I opened the cabinet, as it often does by indicating theft.

Another thing I noticed is that if one of your characters pisses off a group of people (say, again at the hospital), that group of people somehow seems to be hostile to ALL your characters. How would they know you were all together? If I took Boris to the hospital and he upset them by trying to steal something, I should be able to take Bruno back to the hospital with no hostility. The people in the hospital could not logically know we were together.
AdamB1384

Postby wimspree » Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:27 pm

wimspree

Postby wimspree » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:55 am

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting
wimspree

Next

Return to Let us know about bugs and tech issues in TWoM