It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:02 pm

St Marys Church (98 % completion)

St Marys Church (98 % completion)

Postby boiteporte » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:47 pm

Hello,

I am not sure if this is really a bug but I am pretty sure it is. Basically, no matter what I do or how hard I look, I cannot seem to get 100 % completion in the Church. I already killed all the raiders in the Church, and wasted several nights searching the place but no. I cannot get the last 2 % remaining.

Now, there is one part in the Church in the basement, where there is a "hand" icon (located in the wall). However, nothing happens when I click on it. (see attachment)

Screen Shot 11-22-14 at 06.45 PM.PNG
Screen Shot 11-22-14 at 06.45 PM.PNG (1.54 MiB) Viewed 12617 times

EDIT: Hm, looks like the picture did not turn out so well.
boiteporte

Re: St Marys Church (98 % completion)

Postby Borys » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:10 pm

Hm. We'll look into the matter. Thank you for the screenshot!
Borys

Postby boiteporte » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:18 pm

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.
It turns out the same problem occurred in the decrepit squat on my second playthrough.

I got 93 % completion and yet, there was nothing more to take. I also wasted several nights on that one (unless I kill the guy and loot his corpse, but I do not know if that counts towards the completion percentage).

In fact, according to the description of the place (the part where it says in orange "lots of parts, huge amount of weapons, etc..."), there was nothing written so I assume that the place was completely empty.
boiteporte

Postby Borys » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:59 am

It seems like we could use some help from you. Would you send me (borys.zajaczkowski@11bitstudios.com) your game state (with the problematic percentages)?

We will need this directory contents (up to 6 files):

DRM free: C:\Users\YOUR-USER-NAME\AppData\Roaming\11bitstudios\This War Of Mine\iPhoneDefUser

Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\STEAM-3-ID\282070\remote

Here's easy way to obtain STEAM-3-ID (in case you have several folders there):
1. Open http://steamidfinder.com/
2. Enter your Steam profile name.
3. Click "Looking for Steam 3 ID?".
Borys

Postby boiteporte » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:39 pm

Hello,

thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, this problem does not always occur. I will send the requested file as soon as I see this problem again on my next playthrough. it might take some time though, for some reason, I find this game really hard. I tried using a cheat engine to speed things up a bit, but it does not work. Game keeps crashing when I try ( By the way, this is the only game I played which I cannot actually cheat in :| ).

So, yeah, I will send the file when I encounter this problem again.
boiteporte

Postby Borys » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:17 pm

You cannot cheat destiny. :p
Borys

Postby amistad18 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:06 pm

boiteporte wrote:I tried using a cheat engine to speed things up a bit, but it does not work. Game keeps crashing when I try ( By the way, this is the only game I played which I cannot actually cheat in :| ).

Borys wrote:You cannot cheat destiny. :p

Of course you can :)

But it is a little tricky, the best way to cheat is at the begging of the game, or before you smashed everything in your house with the axe (you can also sacrifice some bed or chair to do so). Then while looting a pile (or wardrobe, or table), leave there only 1 kind of item, so it will take only one window, first window to show it. Let it be for example 10 wood, or 10 parts - hack it, but do not change it's value by cheat engine (cause as you said, it usually crashes the game), just leave there 10 wood, and lock its value (checkbox in active). Then take how many wood you need. If you want to change item, click grab all (but do not quit looting window!), and send to pile for example 2 parts - if you do it correctly, new parts should multiple to 10 (if wood was set/locked to 10 before), and you will be able do to so with almost every item.

Of course don't do it :) Cause of cheats you will be bored with this game much much faster.
amistad18

Postby boiteporte » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:59 pm

Thanks,

I WILL do it. Just so that I can get through the game much faster, and reproduce the percentage glitch.
However, the way you describe is a very sneaky way to do things, lol.
boiteporte

Postby amistad18 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:27 am

You're right, this is nice way to end game much quicker - for example to unlock next sets of survivors, or make it easier to yourself to reproduce/check some bugs/issues etc ...
amistad18

Postby g00ber » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:03 pm

I experienced this same issue, same percentage of 98% at St Mary's. I ran through the entire complex and could find nothing to loot. I left 2 gates up that I didn't need to saw through, but that's it.
g00ber

Next

Return to Let us know about bugs and tech issues in TWoM