It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:43 am

[Bug Report] City Hospital Hostility Bug

[Bug Report] City Hospital Hostility Bug

Postby MisterBurkes » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:58 am

City Hospital will instantly turn hostile on a character before you even enter the hospital. This first happened to me with Arica (and I suspected it was a bug since I had aggroed the hospital with Arica in a previous run). Then I saw the same bug happen to my friend streaming on Twitch using Pavle.

How to reproduce:

In playthrough 1, go aggro the hospital with a character (ie. Pavle) by stealing something in plain sight, attacking guard, etc.

Start a new playthrough, and get the same character (ie. Pavle)

In playthrough 2, return to hospital with that same character (ie. Pavle). You will be shot on sight.
MisterBurkes

Re: [Bug Report] City Hospital Hostility Bug

Postby PanzerKadaver » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:58 am

Same here, with the Church.

The Father aggro Marko with no reason after i loot the eastern house and now, on every game, Marko is automatically aggro by the Father.
PanzerKadaver

Postby Galdis » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:59 am

I had the same thing happen at the Hospital and, unfortunately, Central Square. I think it has to do with the amount of people you "unjustifiably" kill while raiding. So, the more people you kill (i.e., the more people you kill that didn't already kill a previous scavenger), the more likely these neutral places are to attack you on sight. I was perfectly fine at Central Square until after I killed all the inhabitants of the Shelled School. After I killed the 7-8 people there (most of whom attacked my characters first), I was unable to visit Central Square without being shot at.

Edit to add: I just tested going to Central Square with a character that hadn't killed folks the night before and I was not shot at. It depends on the character, as well. Either it's a bug, or everyone recognizes your character that killed other people and left no witnesses...
Galdis

Postby SM278 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:24 am

I don't understand the concept of hostility, either.

None of my characters had killed anyone when I came to the hospital. The solider out front told me he'd have an eye on me, but let me pass. When I tried to approach the doctor I passed some patients who panicked and called for help. Then the soldier came and shot me. I don't know why the patients were afraid?

Similar thing happend at the church, where the father pulled out a shot gut and killed me as I tried to approach him.

Could someone of the developers please explain what determines the hostility of NPC characters?
Last edited by SM278 on Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
SM278

Postby Shalinor » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:22 am

I have also had the issue where you are going through the hospital, not touching the private property containers, approach a doctor and the nearby people act as if I attacked them and then being killed by the soldiers (and every character afterwards gets attacked).
Shalinor

Postby wimspree » Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:40 am

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо
wimspree

Return to Let us know about bugs and tech issues in TWoM