It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 12:29 pm

Pound moves higher in Asia trade after U-turns

Postby geemong » Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:51 am

The pound moved higher in early Asia trade after the UK government made a series of U-turns as it abandoned tax cutting policies.

slot wallet Online Games open to both those who are interested and want to play the game have signed up to play the game through the auto system. On the web page

Sterling gained around 0.5% to trade above $1.12 in Monday morning trading.

On Friday, Prime Minister Liz Truss sacked Kwasi Kwarteng as chancellor and said the mini-budget "went further and faster than markets were expecting".

New Chancellor Jeremy Hunt warned over the weekend that there would be tax rises and savings in public spending.

The moves came as international financial markets resumed trading for the first time since the new chancellor's comments.

The mini-budget announced by Mr Kwarteng on 23 September had been blamed for causing turmoil in the financial markets. The pound slumped to a record low of $1.03 and UK government bond prices also fell sharply.

Mr Hunt said his focus was on growth "underpinned by stability". He will set out the government's tax and spending plans on 31 October.

The UK government bond market is due to reopen at 08:00 BST (07:00 GMT). It will be the first time since the Bank of England ended its emergency support on Friday.

The shift in the government's economic policies and market turmoil in recent weeks has led to Goldman Sachs downgrading the UK's economic growth.

The investment bank revised its 2023 UK economic output forecast from a 0.4% drop to a 1% contraction.

Goldman said it expected a "more significant recession in the UK" in part due to "significantly tighter financial conditions" and the planned higher corporation tax rate from next April.
geemong

shz

Postby LaylaPenelope » Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:19 pm

I feel very grateful that I read this. It is very helpful and very informative and I really learned a lot from it. Zwembadaanleg
LaylaPenelope

shz

Postby LaylaPenelope » Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:29 pm

This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the leisure here! Keep up the good work. I have been meaning to write something like this on my website and you have given me an idea. Zonnepaneel installateur Sint-Genesius-Rode
LaylaPenelope

shz

Postby LaylaPenelope » Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:32 pm

This post is very simple to read and appreciate without leaving any details out. Great work! Zwembaden polyester
LaylaPenelope

shz

Postby LaylaPenelope » Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:35 pm

Glad to chat your blog, I seem to be forward to more reliable articles and I think we all wish to thank so many good articles, blog to share with us. Zonnepaneel installateur Sint-Pieters-Leeuw
LaylaPenelope

shz

Postby LaylaPenelope » Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:37 pm

If you don"t mind proceed with this extraordinary work and I anticipate a greater amount of your magnificent blog entries Zwembaden inox
LaylaPenelope

shz

Postby LaylaPenelope » Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:38 pm

I have read your excellent post. This is a great job. I have enjoyed reading your post first time. I want to say thanks for this post. Thank you... Zonnepaneel installateur Steenokkerzeel
LaylaPenelope

shz

Postby LaylaPenelope » Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:40 pm

I would also motivate just about every person to save this web page for any favorite assistance to assist posted the appearance. Monoblock zwembad
LaylaPenelope

shz

Postby LaylaPenelope » Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:42 pm

Wonderful blog post. This is absolute magic from you! I have never seen a more wonderful post than this one. You've really made my day today with this. I hope you keep this up! Zonnepaneel installateur Ternat
LaylaPenelope

shz

Postby LaylaPenelope » Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:43 pm

You re in point of fact a just right webmaster. The website loading speed is amazing. It kind of feels that you're doing any distinctive trick. Moreover, The contents are masterpiece. you have done a fantastic activity on this subject! Zwembad keramisch
LaylaPenelope

Next

Return to Let us know about bugs and tech issues in TWoM