It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:36 am

Why do we still only have tablet versions?

Why do we still only have tablet versions?

Postby DLCoates1 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:17 am

Yes, I know, this question has been asked time and time again. "Will we get the app on Android phones and iPhones?"

Well, it's a very valid question.

Android phones and iPhones are bigger and badder then ever now with the release of the new Samsung Galaxy, the new Google Nexus 5X and 6P, the new iPhone 6, 6+, 6S, and 6S+, and yet we still do not have access to the app.

The devs keep stating that "It can't be done due to level of detail". Well, that hasn't stopped Calvino Noir. (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/calvino ... 27450?mt=8)

Not to mention there are a few other games currently in the works with the "This War of Mine" Style look and feel, just obviously without the survival situations or with a different theme than just surviving a war. One company is currently developing a look alike with a zombie theme to it. Since you know, zombies are popular.

So, considering there are companies able to replicate the level of detail, the look, and the feel of This War of Mine on iPhone's and Android phones, why can't we get a port of This War of Mine on them? Obviously it can be done in a high level of detail. 11 bit would make more profit from it, and you would increase your fan base. Not only from those who haven't played it, but from those who have such as myself.

There are reasons why people keep asking for the phone port. The big reason is funding. Most people can't just go out and buy an iPad. I sure as hell can't, after all I live on government funding. I only get $700 a month and can't afford to put $400 to a new iPad just to get the game. I would rather spend the $15 on the phone port then $415 on the iPad and the game.

I've bought at least 10 copies of the game on PC since its release, and I would love to get it on mobile as well, however that's not possible without a phone port. So please consider working on it. The phones can and will handle it just fine, all it takes is the time to work on it. Hell, for iPhones all you have to do is resize it, since the iPad runs the same software as the iPhone, just in a bigger screen format. Not sure if it's the same with Android devices though.

By the way, if need be, I can and will start a petition for a phone port, which will include iPhone, Android phones, and windows phones. Since all 3 devices have large enough screens now and can easily run the game with their powerful hardware.

Nevermind.

11 bit studios - "We've never said it's not doable. We've said it's not so easy because of the interface that has to be redesigned for smaller screens and that's why we couldn't bring it to smartphones at the same time as tablets. We are working on it though and it will be released later this year."
DLCoates1

Re: Why do we still only have tablet versions?

Postby serizawa1234 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:08 am

serizawa1234

Postby wimspree » Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:04 pm

wimspree

Postby wimspree » Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:03 am

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо
wimspree

Great Product Guide

Postby FrankJScott » Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:21 pm

Please try Google before asking about Excellent Product Info a8f63d1
FrankJScott

Return to Enter this forum and ask all you want to know about the game.