It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:51 am

Patch 1.2 - Steam

Patch 1.2 - Steam

Postby Borys » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:07 pm

This War of Mine on Steam has been actualized to version 1.2. Have fun everybody - we do hope you'll like it. :) (DRM-free is still being tested).

Here are some details:

The first big thing is a brand new shelter!
From now on, each time you begin your story, you'll have a chance to start in the new building.

The second new feature is the choice of the starting group of characters.
You will have bigger influence on shaping your story of civilians in war, making it more challenging or even giving it a totally new perspective. Please keep in mind that you have to play at least once to unlock this option.

Improvements and tweaks:
Some locations were enhanced
Some animations were improved
NPC behaviors were improved

---------------------------------------------------------

Fixes and balancing:

Fixed screen resolution and refresh rate detection problem, which caused black screen and / or computer freeze on Windows
Fixed black screen issue on Linux and OSX 10.6.8
Improved game stability based on crashdumps sent by players
Fixed a bug with blocked container icons in the shelter
Fixed a bug with blocked access to crafting menu (icon disappearing or not responding)
Fixed a bug with the civilian becoming stuck in cover after being shot
Fixed a bug that allowed you to have 5 civilians in the shelter simultaneously
Extremely exhausted civilian will now lay on the floor instead of standing blocked after returning from scavenge
The civilian who went to help neighbours on the last day of the war will now have a proper description in the epilogue
Crafting cancel will return some of the resources now
Civilians or NPCs should no longer pass through closed doors during a fight
Eating Raw Food and Vegetables together is now equal to eating a cooked meal or canned food
Quality Rollups price was fixed
Borys

Re: Patch 1.2 - Steam

Postby KhaineGB » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:39 pm

Nice update guys! :D Hoping the DRM free version will be ready soon since I've got the GOG version.
KhaineGB

Postby rdfsaa1234 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:39 pm

May I ask for a reason on why updates always come way slow at GamesRepublic?? I got no updates announcement on GR and the version code of the update isn't understandable. (ver. 1.11 is version 1.1.1?? well by the time I saw 1.11 on GR, I am seeing 1.1.2 on Steam and now 1.2) I am not regretted buying this game but buying on GamesRepublic seems to be a huge mistake like stealing from the military. (Just don't like to see Steam game machine on my computer so not thinking about it but now I do seriously.)
rdfsaa1234

Postby sarke04 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:07 pm

Nice upgrade. Both of thm were a big need. Also some of those bugs.
Anyway is still not enought to make me buy the paying version of the game.
More maps, 1 new char 1 or 2 new things to build at home + extended war mode.
Thats what im waiting for. :twisted: :roll:
sarke04

Postby ruzen » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:19 pm

Nice features. Still waiting for extended time... :cry:
ruzen

Postby TheSaihtam » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:27 pm

hai,

nice update. maybe you could make some more different compounds (i prefer smaller ones) in the next update. also would be nice if you could Chose in which compound you want to start and perhaps the season (summer or winter) after you finished the game for the first time.

greetings
TheSaihtam
TheSaihtam

Postby Mostarda » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:38 am

No Extended TIme of war???????? :cry: :cry: :cry: :| :| :| :( :( :(

But, nice update!
Mostarda

Postby sarke04 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:25 am

Is imposible to extend the war without some few new maps... So that will take longer than those patch features.
Take it easy. :D
sarke04

Postby Lednah » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:56 pm

Even when new locations are created, what will be the point of playing? Once you have the food chain up and running you need only the peddler to buy and stock wood for the winter and buy few components for water filters.
Lednah

Postby skidmarx » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:28 pm

Playing the 1.2 GOG version, and it mostly seems fine.

Lone Marko has some graphical glitches (especially if he pauses from "very tired", just before getting into bed to sleep - he's slept in two unusual orientations on the bed both times).

Also, while that lone Marko slept, he automatically "deselected". So when he woke up, he did nothing when I clicked elsewhere. I had to positively reselect him, to continue as per normal. I could select him while he slept thought, so it seems it is the moment he gets into bed that causes a deselection.

Otherwise, enjoying the Updates, and the new house.
One other observation, is that "cancel" seems to return ALL of the resources being used. Which is fine - it just adds a new exploit way to safely store resources overnight. Any resources committed to production or construction are protected, and fully recoverable later when needed.

That proved crucial for allowing a lone Marko to survive a 32 day war completely alone (no-one asked to join him), but perhaps a small penalty would be appropriate?

Extended war:
I do find it frustrating that the war seems to end just as I'm about to do well. Because I never get to enjoy taking it easy for the last few days, and relish the satisfaction of "getting there". It's as if as soon as the realisation dawns that the pressure is off, the war ends.

I agree that endless continuation once things are running smoothly would be needlessly "prolonging the agony", but my longest war (in 6 games) has been 42 days, the rest all 32-36 days, and I've never yet been able to build the Alcohol Distiller.

I would like to see a later progression, of perhaps a few weeks, where your "getting on top of things" allows you to donate meds and food to neighbours - perhaps repaying earlier kindnesses. I mean, you get to take the initiative and donate, not wait for some kids to come begging....
Some way to put cooked food from the stove into cans would be ideal for that - making that food portable and donateable. Think "Canning Station". And of course, it would need components plus the stove food to make canned food.

Also, why not add a last round of locations which have mostly the damaged med capsules and broken military gear, broken guns and gun parts, and ammo for reloading. Perhaps the "military base" and various other well-armed locations can be bombed by airstrike, making them "safely" scavengeable (plenty of shovelling and crowbar entry).

Why do this? Well, perhaps there's a desperate last gasp major crime wave, as the beleagured rebels start a scorched earth policy, annihilating everyone, that requires all survivors be armed and guarding at night to withstand raiders, with frantic fights causing plenty of wounds needing bandages and meds...
That would ramp up the final "will they make it" to a nerve jangling finish.

Just my thoughts after enjoying PC gaming like I haven't been able to for years now. Thanks for a superb game.
Meanwhile, all quiet on the Western Front....
skidmarx

Next

Return to Enter this forum and ask all you want to know about the game.