It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:24 am

Small Enhancements #1

Small Enhancements #1

Postby outseeker » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:02 am

Hi guys! Great game and TPB tactic; it worked on me! :D

I have quite a few observations of issues and ideas to expand the game a bit, but it's going to take a few posts I think. We can start with some little enhancements maybe

Suggestions:
1. Let us see health while at home somehow, like when we're scavenging and we switch to combat mode?
2. Give extended details for attempted robberies of your house, as in say which weapons were used, by who, who was on guard if anyone, who woke up for whatever reason, be it the enhanced front door or just the noise of the robber or subsequent fight between them and whoever first discovers them, perhaps not everyone in the house woke up if no door alarm, so perhaps less defense, etc. even as far as who dealt damage to who and the robbers running away or perhaps dying and leaving you whatever their corpse had on it if you're feeling game? ^_^
3. Adjust location item contents descriptions to show "A Few Parts" for example when there is very little loot left instead of just saying 98% complete and no description of what is left (can sometimes be like a full backpack of materials you forget about)
4. Allow more flexible building placement at home; there are very limited positions to build and you can't use all the available space due to strict object snapping to set positions. Also allow building 2 items simultaneously, right next to eachother please? Like I can't build 2 beds at the same time right next to eachother due to the unbuilt bed debris apparently taking up more space than the finished bed, so the second bed just won't snap there until the first is done
5. Dump the original starting workbench being in a fixed place and just put the parts to build one in our initial inventory?
6. Could we use the mouse to change characters? Either scroll wheel up/down or mouse3 scroll wheel button perhaps?
7. Sorry, I didn't write these down as I thought of them- I will have to add more later and if you PM me I can show you my Steam screenshots of all bugs I've encountered, with descriptions <3
Last edited by outseeker on Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
outseeker

Re: Small Enhancements #1

Postby outseeker » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:21 am

Moar ideas:
- Have Shift-Click re-close doors you open along the way to the destination
- Slightly automate shovelling and crowbarring at home, where someone who is already digging a pile will begin to use a shovel if you have just crafted one, or just crafted a second one for example, and the crowbar icon is always available but the person will wait there until a crowbar is available
- Allow more than one person to work on a single task, speeding it up
- Allow building of multiple heaters to help the temperature (currently 2nd heater does nothing I believe)
- Allow deconstruction of built objects with a partial refund of materials
- Allow deconstruction of metal cabinets for a couple of components or something perhaps
- Shrink the "X" to stop building something down quite a bit compared to the build icon?
- Hatchet icon at home is super annoying after a while; can we please use the Inventory -> Equip method while at home when we want to hatchet up furniture perhaps? Even put it on by default but let us unequip it to get rid of the icons?
- Graphic settings to turn down antialiasing and such; my GTX 580 fan runs off it's face to keep this game running and I've started encountering a couple of little graphical artifacts too! I think a lot of people would like to be able to reduce the load on their systems, especially those with lower end systems.
Last edited by outseeker on Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
outseeker

Postby outseeker » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:14 pm

Bugs:
1. "unable to immediately close door" problem: when you walk barely through a closed door and immediately click to close the door behind you, the character does a slight turn and refuses to move until you wait a moment and then click close door again.
2. same goes for when you ambush someone from a hiding spot- you can't just immediately click to hide again, you need to click elsewhere to get your character to move from that spot, then you can hide again.
3. Sometimes you can't build a herb garden in the rightmost side of the left room, directly next to the default workbench room; it forces the object to the middle of the room instead of sticking right like it should. This seems to be an issue with the door being considered an obstruction perhaps, though restarting the game seems to fix it (nothing else)
4. The game keeps starting in Minimised mode (since I added -console to the command line actually, I believe *now stopped* idk)
5. Speech bubbles from home can be carried onto the evening and even the next days sometimes; could have something to do with them appearing just as the evening fadeout was happening I think
6. Break a shovel while digging then directly click the next pile of rubble to clear and the character will still have a shovel animation, though it takes as long as it does by hand to clear the pile and they complain they have no shovel ;)
7. Killing someone while they are jumping up or down can sometimes launch the corpse upward!
8. Double door indicators: Construction site, top right door especially will always show two sets of icons to peek and open the door. One set will say you're on the wrong side of the door when you're not and the other will break it open correctly
9. Crafting item counter bug: When crafting multiple items, as you finish an item the counter shows the count -1 briefly, then continues to craft the next item. This may be the reason for the bug where not all materials are returned when cancelling, as the count of crafted is off
10. Anton and Marko both sometimes say they wish they had coffee, however they don't drink coffee
11. Melting Snow... XD - Can we please delete snow from the inventory when we're no longer allowed to boil it, or allow 1-2 days after winter has passed where we can still boil it? <3
Last edited by outseeker on Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
outseeker

Postby CaptainCosmotic » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:03 pm

I like all of your ideas. I hope some "officals" recognises them.
CaptainCosmotic

Postby outseeker » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:59 am

CaptainCosmotic wrote:I like all of your ideas. I hope some "officals" recognises them.

Thanks mate, I figure they might take a while to get around to it but it should be worth their time reading :D
I've clocked up 257 hours on the Steam version already and I'm looking for a little moar action!
outseeker

Postby outseeker » Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:41 pm

Further Issues / Ideas:

-New house is even worse for building objects; can't place Anything left of the main work bench or under stairs, can't build more than 1 object near the front door area, most areas are too far away from the main bench to be practical
- Can't build anything in the treehouse outside for amusement
- The new menu to select characters only confirms I've tried every combo at least once- any chance of mix'n'match?
- Solo Marko game, Marko says "We'll be OK" when he is content around the house, when he is actually on his own
- Characters still say "I could do with some bandages" etc. when they have already been bandaged
- Sometimes when you click a location to move or interact with multiple times, the character starts running in the wrong direction and derps / turns around and goes where they're supposed to
- Nothing from the previous list was addressed I don't think
outseeker

Postby wimspree » Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:23 pm

wimspree

Postby wimspree » Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:13 am

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо
wimspree

Next

Return to Enter this forum and ask all you want to know about the game.