It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:04 am

Idea: Dogs!

Idea: Dogs!

Postby Moraleboost » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:02 am

So, I was just thinking about this earlier and decided to share it. I don't expect every detail of the idea to be implemented (or any of it, obviously, but here's hoping).

Dogs, both hostile and friendly. One being treated as a normal enemy that you come across while scavenging, and the other being a potential group member.

Hostile dog:
- Random encounter while on scavenging run (possibly in small packs at times)
- Attack or avoid like a normal human enemy. Faster than humans, but easier to kill
- If the dog is alone, can possibly be made friendly by giving food

Friendly dog:
- Either random encounter while scavenging and follows you home, or comes to your door like a human survivor (takes up one of the four survivor slots or a fifth "pet" slot, either way)
- Treated as a human survivor as far as feeding
- Doesn't need a bed for restful sleep (possible crafted dog bed for doggy morale)
- Can't craft or cook (it's a dog)
- Unlike humans, doesn't need a melee weapon in the early game to better defend at night (also possible bonus to deterring looters? Pissed dogs are scary)
- Acts as alarm system?
- More vulnerable to death by gunfire
- Very high chance of remaining in Content status if kept fed and unwounded
- Provides morale boost to human survivors (possible opposite effect for personality traits in certain characters who hate dogs)

Possible roles of friendly dog

Morale:
- Crafted or scavenged tennis ball provides morale boost to human and dog alike while playing fetch
- Content dog is more likely to defend and take wounds in place of human guard during the night, also recovers faster than humans (if kept fed)
- If a dog dies, everyone (who likes dogs) loses a little morale. If killed defending a human, that human lowers to Depressed status

Scavenging:
- Option to take dog companion out on scavenging runs
- Can possibly sniff out hidden items human scavenger overlooks
- Can squeeze through barred doorways to retrieve one or two random items (only once per scavenge run)
- Higher risk of being detected by enemies while dog is sniffing around or if it barks (with a sound bubble effect like any other noise made)
- If not in Content status, there's a chance the dog can run away or be lured by other humans in scavenge area

Again, I wouldn't expect all of this to be considered. I was just being thorough. :D
Moraleboost

Re: Idea: Dogs!

Postby Borys » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:24 pm

We are proud to announce we've begun dogs motion capture sessions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltS0G7KA7XQ :)

It might take some time, as you can see.

Bu seriously - I don't know about dogs. Maybe in some distant future we'll have dog companions in TWOM. Maybe not.
Borys

Postby Moraleboost » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:25 pm

I'll settle for a goldfish.

Also, I definitely see my dog in some of those clips. Thanks for the laugh. :P
Moraleboost

Postby iplaytwom » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:59 am

honestly sound way complicated to implement. definitely take some thought....

maybe it can still make sense to have dog follow you around on scavenging runs and augment your attack.

but then again in real life a dumb dog can get you killed in dangerous situation. :lol:

so after the war ends, whos gonna adopt the dog? lol. :lol:
iplaytwom

Postby GraysonVaughn » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:17 am

The ideas shared here about dogs are brilliant. I will do some https://www.australian-writings.org/ work now, and see if I can learn something meaningful regarding this.
GraysonVaughn

Postby Herta Bins » Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:20 am

Thanks for sharing this article. http://www.google.com
Herta Bins

Postby KatieSmith » Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:41 am

Your content is nothing short of brilliant in many ways. I think this is engaging and eye-opening material. Thank you so much for caring about your content and your readers.
SEO Services
KatieSmith

Postby Olivia552 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:01 pm

You can have a very good time with your pet dog when you attain this sort of description. Do my assignment for me uk can help you to compose the most descriptive, concrete and concise work.
Olivia552

Postby cgplbathq » Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:48 pm

Moraleboost wrote:So, I was just thinking about this earlier and decided to share it. I don't expect every detail of the idea to be implemented (or any of it, obviously, but here's hoping).

Dogs, both hostile and friendly. One being treated as a normal enemy that you come across while scavenging, and the other being a potential group member.

Hostile dog:
- Random encounter while on scavenging run (possibly in small packs at times)
- Attack or avoid like a normal human enemy. Faster than humans, but easier to kill
- If the dog is alone, can possibly be made friendly by giving food

Friendly dog:
- Either random encounter while scavenging and follows you home, or comes to your door like a human survivor (takes up one of the four survivor slots or a fifth "pet" slot, either way)
- Treated as a human survivor as far as feeding
- Doesn't need a bed for restful sleep (possible crafted dog bed for doggy morale)
- Can't craft or cook (it's a dog)
- Unlike humans, doesn't need a melee weapon in the early game to better defend at night (also possible bonus to deterring looters? Pissed dogs are scary)
- Acts as alarm system?
- More vulnerable to death by gunfire
- Very high chance of remaining in Content status if kept fed and unwounded
- Provides morale boost to human survivors (possible opposite effect for personality traits in certain characters who hate dogs)

Possible roles of friendly dog

Morale:
- Crafted or scavenged tennis ball provides morale boost to human and dog alike while playing fetch
- Content dog is more likely to defend and take wounds in place of human guard during the night, also recovers faster than humans (if kept fed)
- If a dog dies, everyone (who likes dogs) loses a little morale. If killed defending a human, that human lowers to Depressed status

Scavenging:
- Option to take dog companion out on scavenging runs
- Can possibly sniff out hidden items human scavenger overlooks
- Can squeeze through barred doorways to retrieve one or two random items (only once per scavenge run)
- Higher risk of being detected by enemies while dog is sniffing around or if it barks (with a sound bubble effect like any other noise made)
- If not in Content status, there's a chance the dog can run away or be lured by other humans in scavenge area

Again, I wouldn't expect all of this to be considered. I was just being thorough. :D

http://comamosramen.net/
cgplbathq

Postby rewepik715 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:06 pm

My dog is more hostile than friendly. While looking up find your dog breed, I read about the characteristics of my dog. He's definitely very hostile.
rewepik715

Next

Return to Enter this forum and ask all you want to know about the game.