It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:35 pm

World (Mod) Editor

World (Mod) Editor

Postby blackteapie » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:32 am

I saw many posts are asking for multiplayer mode. But I am more interested in whether there will be a player-friendly editor. And I believe this editor program has higher priority than the multiplayer mode.
The editor program should have at least one of the following functions:
1. Map design. This includes both of strategic and tactic maps. In the tactical map designer, players can edit its layout, the patrol route of the npc/enemy and locations of items and resources.
2. Furniture design. It includes both its function and appearance. Or 11 Bits save this part for themselves as DLC content.
3. Enemy design. It includes its appearance and its AI (How he/she/it will react towards players' actions). Or 11 Bits save this part for themselves as DLC content. Well, I am actually more agree that 11 Bits should leave this part for themselves, as this part is related to AI programming.
4. Item design. It including both its function and appearance. Or 11 Bits save this part for themselves as DLC content.
5. Story design. Players can write the character diaries , radio records and handout notes (those are scattered in the tactical maps).
Last edited by blackteapie on Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blackteapie

Re: Editor program

Postby Borys » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:14 pm

Those are things I would like each game I love had. :) It would be quite a task to implement it all. Never say never but I wouldn't count on it in the near future. Maybe in a future. :)
Borys

Re: Editor program

Postby blackteapie » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:41 am

Borys wrote:Those are things I would like each game I love had. :) It would be quite a task to implement it all. Never say never but I wouldn't count on it in the near future. Maybe in a future. :)

Well, I know that is quite a task for any game. But I believe it's easier than a multiplayer mode, which from my view is not fit with the current TWOM. Right now, TWOM don't have (clear) differentiation between different characters in a combat. So it will cause a situation of lacking alternatives for team composition in both coop mission or team death match. And the tactical map isn't complex enough, so does the AI. Further more, the game right now lack of (fancy) equipments, which are the ultimate purpose for many players to join a coop mission.
---------------------
Some further thoughts 01
Map design:
For strategic layout (the city map), players need to find the picture (probably a real map) as background.
And they need to choose where to put the scavangeable sites. The distance between the site and player's compound will affect the time limit for scavenging.
After decided the location of a scavengeable site, players need to decide what is the type (background picture) and size of this sites.
Then, it need players to use the preset materials ( installed in the editor program at the beginning; and download from a DLC) like npc, furnitures, booby traps or wall to build the tactical map ( the scavengeable site).
BTW, the background pictures of both strategic and tactic maps can also be preset in the program or download from a DLC.
blackteapie

Re: World (Mod) Editor

Postby blackteapie » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:15 am

Some further thoughts 02:
About the equipment and npc part, I think it's better to leave the main part of work to 11bits, as it will involve animation and AI design. But players should still have some degree of DIY.
Take a bandit editing for example, the appearance, associated animation and AI logic will be made by 11bits. But players can still choose how this ( type of) bandit react in a specific site. They can choose:
1. The patrol route
2. The patrol type: solo patrol or group patrol
3. Alertness: how will they react to a suspicious noise, maybe ignore it or check it out immediately; and whether they will be shoot on sight.
4. Training : something relating to the AI, like setting traps on the possible route of a player
5. Toughness: decide how much HP losses will cause he/she to surrender or rout
6. Brutality: whether they will kill the intruder
7. Their equipment
8. Their Stats, like HP and fighting skills.
blackteapie

Postby sarke04 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:32 am

Having any kind of map editor will be so helpfull for u. I mean... If people can desing their own scenarios and send them to u so u can check them out and include the most popular like an oficial update is like having plenty of developers working for free in scenary design.
It will b quite helpfull to make this war last longer and also u will have a never-ending game while u have a involved player comunity chalenging each other with some escenarios.
Id love to design some myself to chalenge the hardcore players in this game.

Official Sniper place map update.
Unoficial Sarkes Lair Update. 97/100%
... 85/100%
...73/100%
* Download them all.

If u have this feature.. in custom war where u can choose ur team to start u should have an option to include the maps u want.
Original Maps*
Official update 1
Oficial update 2
Sarkes Lair. (Hard)
Mike supply depot (Mid)
Mine field (Chalenge)

That level will help to clasify those maps into the game so u find them the 1st days (Easy), or after that (mid - hard) OR at mid-end of war. (Chalenge)

I think the game have right now like 2 ultra easy maps to start.
Then 2-4 Easy ones after that (I mean the school, hospital...) Those are easy but u need some instruments.
Then the hard ones where u have to steal or kill in dangerous places
And then chalenge like the church when u have 4 bandits. Or those 3 guys who took care of a plane. (Say Thanks for the tips noob players ;-)

Theres a limit of how many maps u get per game depending of how long the war will be. But with that u can just take a random map from any of the same dificulty level.
I think thats how the system should work.
Just thinking.
sarke04

Postby blackteapie » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:19 am

sarke04 wrote:Having any kind of map editor will be so helpfull for u. I mean... If people can desing their own scenarios and send them to u so u can check them out and include the most popular like an oficial update is like having plenty of developers working for free in scenary design.
It will b quite helpfull to make this war last longer and also u will have a never-ending game while u have a involved player comunity chalenging each other with some escenarios.

... 85/100%
...73/100%
* Download them all.

If u have this feature.. in custom war where u can choose ur team to start u should have an option to include the maps u want.
Original Maps*
Official update 1
Oficial update 2
Sarkes Lair. (Hard)
Mike supply depot (Mid)
Mine field (Chalenge)

That level will help to clasify those maps into the game so u find them the 1st days (Easy), or after that (mid - hard) OR at mid-end of war. (Chalenge)

Then 2-4 Easy ones after that (I mean the school, hospital...) Those are easy but u need some instruments.
And then chalenge like the church when u have 4 bandits. Or those 3 guys who took care of a plane. (Say Thanks for the tips noob players ;-)

Theres a limit of how many maps u get per game depending of how long the war will be. But with that u can just take a random map from any of the same dificulty level.
Just thinking.

Well, my point is to let ordinary players (or Moders) has the freedom to make their own map (including the maps, characters and story) or some part of it.
And then they can share their "world" with their friend (simple downloading and easy installment) or (even better) use the new "world" in a multiplayer mode.
blackteapie

Postby blackteapie » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:41 pm

sarke04 wrote:Having any kind of map editor will be so helpfull for u. I mean... If people can desing their own scenarios and send them to u so u can check them out and include the most popular like an oficial update is like having plenty of developers working for free in scenary design.

... 85/100%
...73/100%
* Download them all.

Original Maps*
Official update 1
Oficial update 2
Sarkes Lair. (Hard)
Mike supply depot (Mid)
Mine field (Chalenge)

Just thinking.

well,my idea is to give players the right to build the entire “world”(background story,strategic lair and tactical map). therefore,players can make their own story.
blackteapie

Postby wimspree » Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:32 am

wimspree

Postby wimspree » Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:17 am

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting
wimspree

Next

Return to Enter this forum and ask all you want to know about the game.