It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:58 pm

Great game - one exploit and some suggestions

Great game - one exploit and some suggestions

Postby AdamB1384 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:01 am

Hey there - just did my first play-through of the game... Very enjoyable. I have a couple of brief suggestions and one possible bug/exploit.

As has been mentioned on here a couple of times I think, definitely found it to be too short. I've read one or two posts about people being massively well built-up by the end. They must be well skilled; I would consider that an exception to the norm. My game ended on turn 45 or so and I was barely getting to enjoy some of the higher end stuff. I'm not really sure what mechanism would work to solve this, perhaps just a setting for what length of game you want (short/medium/long). Civil wars do last for months and years sometimes...

It's a great concept - there's a good base to work with here. It could definitely use more encounters, more locations, more objectives and more customization. I think re-locating to larger bases (aka State of Decay) as the game progresses would be really interesting. Perhaps as you build up you attract more people wanting to join as well as more attacks. If you kill a lot of people, perhaps it could also change the behavior of your characters beyond feeling depressed, such as becoming more cold, violent, heartless, etc.

One exploit I found was in the marketplace. The guy who sits at the entrance to that map will sell you all the wood and supplies he has on hand in exchange for one of pretty much anything, no matter how low value it is. You can stock up on all the wood and materials one character can carry for just two cigarettes....

There's also a closed trading loop in the marketplace which I think someone else here mentioned as well. One moonshine will clear out all the bandages and medicine the nurse has to sell. one or two medicine/bandages will clear out the booze guy, who will sell you moonshine that you can sell back to the nurse on the next day - never ending loop. The nurse's medical stuff also easily clears out the food vendor each day. I REALLY like the idea that different goods have different values to different characters, but perhaps not with such extremes. Think law of supply and demand - their might be some modest irregularities in values but the value of everything would reach a rough equilibrium over time.

Anyway, great game... Will give it another play through after the patch.

Cheers,

Adam
AdamB1384

Re: Great game - one exploit and some suggestions

Postby Borys » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:42 pm

We nailed that traiding bug and it will be fixed in the patch.
Borys

Postby wimspree » Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:17 am

wimspree

Postby wimspree » Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:01 am

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт
wimspree

Postby pemojop935 » Tue May 09, 2023 2:15 am

I was reading some of your content on this website and I conceive this internet site is really informative ! Keep on putting up. recarga jogo
pemojop935

Return to Enter this forum and ask all you want to know about the game.