It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:35 pm

Combat Tutorial Video

Combat Tutorial Video

Postby Aramazon » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:03 pm

Hey Folks, I put up a combat tutorial video. Check it out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLbBJ6z ... e=youtu.be

Hello lovely amazing video game type people! So I really wanted to get a handle on combat in This War of Mine. Here's a video demonstrating several elements of combat so you can safely get some idea of how it works without losing your current playthrough.

Things I've Learned:

- For close combat the target turning orange means that it's a stealth attack.
- For ranged combat the target turning orange means you have maxed out your aiming for the current relative positions.
- For ranged combat the target will fill up slowly representing the aiming your character is doing, the more filled, the better your shot will be.
- Kills from an alcove are instakill, but they also cause a screen's worth of noise.
- Sneaking up on someone and knifing them, then killing them in close combat is pretty quiet.
- Close combat is a random dice roll of whether your character gets a hit, or the opponent gets a hit. *Well Fed is probably helpful here*
- The shotgun seems to be buggy when the opponent gets too close. The character should be switching to the knife, but instead just does nothing.
- Ducking behind cover seems to provide the same protection as kevlar armor in the open...I wonder if cover and kevlar stack really well.
- If you're behind cover, the opponent generally runs closer.
- If you want to knife and then shoot, make sure to have the melee/ranged option selected instead of just melee. Then walk close enough that your character will automatically use the melee weapon..upon being pushed away she'll automatically switch to the ranged weapon giving you a quick clean shot.
- Also, I've noticed that switching from melee to melee/ranged while close to an enemy does not work.
- It appears that gunshots alert the whole map.

That's it for now. Feel free to provide your own tips. I specifically did not use Roman because I wanted to show standard combat. I'm aware that Roman generally kills people in one hit from a sneak up attack (not alcove). Cheers!
Aramazon

Re: Combat Tutorial Video

Postby Azorros » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:20 pm

Great video, mate. I have been looking for a combat tutorial since Monday lol, and finally found it.

Thank you! (That random number generator took me completely by surprise)
Azorros

Postby sarke04 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:13 pm

Nice. I get that 2 late I´ve already mastered the combat mode. But it was my last subject in the game.
Anyway Theres no need for a video tutoria I think. This game is not about combat after all so let people descover how combat works will b a nice experience adventure for them for the 1st game. XD Let it be...
They can always go to youtube and check it there.
sarke04

Postby wimspree » Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:14 am

wimspree

Postby wimspree » Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:58 pm

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru
wimspree

Postby chhanchal » Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:47 pm

Save this website to your bookmarks for the future.turbotax.ca/download Though it will vary from situation to situation and duration of your purchase which will decide if you are eligible for the code. And if still there is any problem then you can solve it through our website.With Cricut Machine, you do not need to print designing, in which whatever material you want, Cricut machine cuts it.Visit cricut.com/setup to download & install the Cricut Setup to create over 300 materials. Get at how to setup your machine devices.Here is what to do if you see that message on your screen. If you see a message on your screen telling you to go to cricut.com/setup, all you need to do is the following steps.It simply turns gray and no loading occurs.Don’t let this ruin your experience. In this guide, we will share a few tips and solutions which we have found to have worked for making the disneyplus.com/begin button function again.If you’ve been using Disney Plus on your iPhone or Samsung TV but now want to use it on your computer, then you need to know the disneyplus.com/begin login page.
chhanchal

Postby chhanchal » Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:53 pm

As previously said, the programme employs a basic web amazon.com/code interface that allows users to access a variety of television channels across the United States and Canada. From a simple gift registry to a new virtual styling feature, the retailer aims to help its shoppers feel more confident shopping online. See here walmart online shopping for more information.Amazon Prime gives you more of an edge to watch thousands of movies and TV shows at no cost. Registration on amazon.com/mytv will enable you to watch the latest movies online.This app enables you to access a wide collection of movies and tv shows offered by the e-commerce platform.Visit amazon prime video and download the most amazing streaming app amazon prime and enter activation code for amazon prime. It simply turns gray and no loading occurs.
chhanchal

Postby chhanchal » Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:55 pm

Don’t let this ruin your experience. In this guide, we will share a few tips and solutions which we have found to have worked for making the disneyplus.com/begin button function again.You can work with a tax professional whenever you want, and even talk to a live one. And if still there is any problem then you can solve it through our website.Your purchase includes a 16-character product activation code for one federal and one state tax return, plus e-file. To get started with turbotax.ca/download in your system.For more information you can visit our website. Thank you !Here are some scenarios wherein you can request for the regeneration of the serial key codes turbotax.ca/download to activate your program. TurboTax.ca/download -Download and Install TurboTax with activation key code from install turbotax with licensde code .For more information visit our website.
chhanchal

Postby chhanchal » Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:57 pm

If you’ve been using Disney Plus on your iPhone or Samsung TV but now want to use it on your computer, then you need to know the disneyplus.com/begin page.In order to sign in to Disney Plus, all you need to do is go to this website: disneyplus.com/begin.TurboTax.ca/download -Download and Install TurboTax with activation key code from turbotax.ca/download For more information visit our website.We chose activate.hrblock.com/crj as the best overall because it is a trusted name in tax preparation, and for small businesses and business owners Tax software provides an excellent user experience and covers a wide range of tax situations.
chhanchal

Postby chhanchal » Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:59 pm

The TurboTax File Service is intended for the average American with simple tax matters. When you shop for software you need to turbotax.ca/download. one can easily install TurboTax on Windows 10 with CD.It simply turns gray and no loading occurs.Don’t let this ruin your experience. In this guide, we will share a few tips and solutions which we have found to have worked for making the disneyplus.com/begin button function again.Visit disneyplus.com/begin if you want to create your account on Disney Plus.Before you mean to stream Amazon Prime Video disneyplus.com/begin upon an Apple TV, you will require in any concern a third epoch Apple TV or proud.
chhanchal

Next

Return to Enter this forum and ask all you want to know about the game.