It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:49 pm

Could I create a "Custom Team"?

Could I create a "Custom Team"?

Postby tupolev9999 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:13 pm

When I start the game, the system give me about 2 to 4 member as my team. But, I wish that I could create a "Custom Team", that means I could choose 2 to 4 member from all possible members in this game, and begin the challenge. Could you develop a DLC or a patch or an editor for this game in it's new version for the "Custom Team"? Thank you very much!
tupolev9999

Re: Could I create a "Custom Team"?

Postby Borys » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:34 pm

We're thinking of none/some/all of these ideas. Too early to say more.
Borys

Postby Wariat » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:44 am

Borys wrote:Too early to say more.

Very exciting. Would love to start with a custom team.
Wariat

Postby Wariat » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:55 pm

Just thought of something since my last post. One thing I love about TWoM is the bits of story you find here and there. One of the best ones is the part in the beginning where the game introduces you to the survivors. There is a small paragraph about how long the war's been going on and a small synopsis, a few pictures of the survivors, and then a small paragraph describing how the survivors all met.

You've got Marko and Bruno being best friends, and meeting Pavle while scavving. Then Katia, Bruno, and the former rebel Pavle being connected because Katia interviewed them both. And so on.

Allowing custom teams would be excellent. But I would very much miss the opening paragraph describing how all the survivors met. It would be nice if a paragraph were generated depending on which team members you pick, though I know this requires some work.
Wariat

Postby Borys » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:25 am

Let me see... 3 characters picked from 12... 12*11*10 = 1320 combinations = 1320 custom openings. Yeah, I know it would be nice touch. ;)
Borys

Postby Frosty » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:06 am

This would actually be a nice feature but only if implemented as a form of "New Game +" (as in, available only if the player has survived at least once) I understand that it's likely people would choose characters with "Good" traits that make the game easier but it would also allow for some interesting scenarios. (And let's be honest, if someone doesn't like what he beings with he'll just start over until he does) Not to mention I've had 7 playthroughs and I have not seen 40% of characters as of yet. It took me 20 restarts to get characters other than Katia, Pavlo, Bruno, Arica, Marco and Roman. (I don't have luck with RNGs)
Frosty

Postby Borys » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:03 pm

The truth is, your survival doesn't depend so much on the characters you get in the beginning. The choices you make, the style of your play makes the real difference.
Borys

Postby drcoolio345 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:09 pm

Choices are the most important at the end of the day, but everyone has favorite characters to play with right? I want my custom made dream team of Boris, Bruno, and Marin!
drcoolio345

Postby Borys » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:18 pm

drcoolio345 wrote:Choices are the most important at the end of the day, but everyone has favorite characters to play with right? I want my custom made dream team of Boris, Bruno, and Marin!

Dream team. Only if Boris woudn't die so easly. ;)
Borys

Postby sarke04 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:32 pm

Obviously some chars are much better than the rest...
In my opinion the Order will be:
Marko: 15 slots to carry and no disadventage. OP Best char in game for sure.
Handyman(Marin): Absolutely OP char constructing things for less can make a whole game itself but he have 10 slots and drinks coffe so will b easy to have him sad. Also is quite weak and get sick easyly in my experience.
Arika: 10 Size and smoker but if u r up to rob... Shes like an angel from heaven. Ultra silent makes things really easy. The idea with her is steal everything from a house and put it outside the danger zone and then pass by with boris to pick it up. Shes also good to open the way to roman instakills clearing the backdoors while noone notice her.
Katia: The bargarian skills come quite usefull. In home maybe not that much but when u go to places where the prices have a better ratio trades her skill make her OP. 12 is not that bad neither. Pitty she drinks coffe. Plays guitar ok.
She will get tired often couse when the trademan comes u will want her to stop sleeping to open the door.
Shes also not bad in fighting. I have done many instakills with her.
Boris: 17 Slots Makes ur life so easy. Even if hes slow and noisy hes so usefull to pick up resources out there. Only pitty that he smokes.
Bruno: His cooking skill make him quite usefull. but hes a big smoker. I´ve been watching him and he spend the day smoking. He also have only 10 slots :-S and hes so so defending.
Zlata: Quite usefull in this game here everyone gets depresions easily. Also she have 12 slots and plays guitar.
Shes ok.
Roman: His combat skills makes him the char u must have for risky scavenges that involve killing bad guys. But hes a smoker and he also fights with people at home when hes in a bad mode.
So it will b a must to escavenge with him if hes depresed unless u want someone wounded. If not better u have many bandages at home. So... hes a must but also a pain in the ass. Hes very good defending. Depending of the kind of game u wanna play, he can be the best or the worse. Only 10 slots.
Anton: His skill makes him works with components and save some resources. Hes good when u have a team full of adicts. Also have no disadventages but... Pitty he have only 8 slots so his only dutty is to stay at home and hes not the one who should be defending.
Pavle: 12 slots, no adictions. runs faster. He looks like a very good char but... He have a certain atraction to death i cant explan... I have played many games and in most of them he have been the 1st one to die and get everyone else depressed. :-/ He plays guitar ok.
Emilia: Yeah shes almost inmune to get depressed but drinks coffe and have 10 slots That means that shes also only usefull when u having a bad game.
Cveta: Mss useless. I still have no idea what is that taking care of children skill for and also She have only 8 slots so u cant escavenge with her. Id like an explanation about his skill if posible Boris. I have no idea what is she usefull for.
sarke04

Next

Return to Enter this forum and ask all you want to know about the game.