It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:29 am

Never-Ending Clean Water Shortage and Trade Exploit

Never-Ending Clean Water Shortage and Trade Exploit

Postby Fearlesskitten » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:09 am

Hope this gets attention of the devs. Really love the game and just want it to be better!

During my first playthrough, I heard 3 shortages from the radio: Tobacco and Cigarette, Clean Water and Food, and Vegetables. The Clean Water and Food shortage never ended unlike the other two, and I can basically go to the trade market (i did not have Sniper Junction during this run) to buy out entire stores with just 1 unit of clean water. So what I usually do is to bring 2 units of clean water with me to buy out the medical store and the consumable store, then use what I bought to buy out the food and material store. Except the snowy season during which I cannot access the trade market, I am virtually own the market and its unlimited supplies. Every night all I do is to run to the market and bring tons of med, bandage, food, cans, mats home, and only occasionally go the the military base to trade for weapon and ammo.

Even though I was pretty happy that I survived the war with zero casualty and could often help anyone in need, it does feel very cheap and unrealistic aside from being repetitive. I believe that if the shortage ended correctly, this would be far less a problem.

Again, thanks for the great game. It is truly thoughts provoking and refreshing, and I am so glad to be able to play it. :)
Fearlesskitten

Re: Never-Ending Clean Water Shortage and Trade Exploit

Postby Vagrant » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:24 am

Nice post and insight there. I have yet to experience anything like this, does it only happen when you build a Radio ?

Only once did I build one and it didn't cheer anybody up and the (alleged) Vegetable inflation never happened, in fact I haven't seen any price fluctuations for goods apart from Timber in the winter.
Vagrant

Postby Borys » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:50 pm

There was a bug simillar to one described by you and it will be fixed by the patch. We'll look into water shortages however just to be sure - thank you!
Borys

Postby Fearlesskitten » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:45 am

Vagrant wrote:Nice post and insight there. I have yet to experience anything like this, does it only happen when you build a Radio ?

Only once did I build one and it didn't cheer anybody up and the (alleged) Vegetable inflation never happened, in fact I haven't seen any price fluctuations for goods apart from Timber in the winter.

I am not sure if having a radio is necessary for the shortage to occur. However, having a radio is pretty handy though as it gives you forecast on crime activity, weather, price fluctuation, etc. Not always very immediate, but it is good information to help you prepare ahead.

Borys wrote:There was a bug simillar to one described by you and it will be fixed by the patch. We'll look into water shortages however just to be sure - thank you!

Thank you Borys! Keep up the good work, and look forward to the patches!
Fearlesskitten

Postby wimspree » Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:04 am

wimspree

Postby wimspree » Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:47 pm

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт
wimspree

Return to Enter this forum and ask all you want to know about the game.