It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:47 am

Ideia and Q&A Compilation - Start here!

Re: Ideia and Q&A Compilation - Start here!

Postby Humanity » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:31 pm

Borys wrote:
Sonatta wrote:Question: Is the possible character in your base limited to 4 at a time or can I have more than that?

You cannot have more than 4 characters at a time.

Sorry to say but you're wrong, Borys. I've started with three, fourth arrived in the first week and a few days before ceasefire a fifth joined. After ceasefire was announced we've spread out as a true handful of survivors.
Humanity

Postby Frosty » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:52 am

Borys wrote:You cannot have more than 4 characters at a time.

I can confirm that it is possible to get a fifth survivor at some point (I started with three got to five by day 30). Personally I find it great, it makes the game harder and it really brought me to a point where I started thinking about purposefully killing someone off due to low supplies but I managed to avoid it, survive to the end and feel awesome about myself.

Five survivors is hard but manageable, anything more would be too hard to control due to short in-game day.

As far as suggestions go, once I got a grasp of how-who-what-where the game gets... easy. First three tries I failed due to lack of understanding of game mechanics, on my fourth I got five survivors (as mentioned above) to day 43 (ceasefire) with only one morally questionable thing done.

I also find near complete lack of interaction between characters slightly immersion breaking, some small talk between them would be nice, a random hug when things are going good (or just to cheer someone up) would be great, it would create a certain 'family' atmosphere to take care of.

Also, Is it possible for a character that goes out to help a neighbor or something during the day to die? It never happened to me and I always went all samarithan... It should be, there are snipers, bandits, military vs rebels... say, a 5-20% chance of a character not coming back OR coming back wounded would be both realistic and make people think twice about being nice. Still rewarding, but risky just like scavenging which brings me to my last suggestion...

As I said, the game gets easy, scavenging should be made harder through one of two (or both, which would add realism) things. One: Less time to scavenge if going out far away from shelter. Two: Chance to meet neutral\hostile scavengers in places allready visited at random when revisiting + possibility of someone taking stuff from all ready visited places that player did not take during their trip when the player is in the shelter, for example, I shot the psychos at the hotel and took some stuff, it's slightly weird that a lot of good stuff was just waiting for me to come back a week later.

TL;DR:
- Game get's too easy when one knows how-who-what-where.
- Interactions between survivors would be very welcome.
- Chance for character to not return from good samarithan missions or return wounded.
- Make scavenging more random and harder.

Also, seeing as this is my first post I would like to thank you for this great game, it truly is a masterpiece and a proof that games do not need to be run 'n gun fun in order to be playable and addictive. Your work truly shows that video games can be so much more than just games, for the longest time, the concepts like the one TWoM is based on existed only in movies and books, thank you for bringing serious subjects into world of video gaming. I hope this is just the beginning for TWoM and that the game will grow just as I hope you guys will succeed in all your future projects.
Frosty

Postby sarke04 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:14 am

Id like u to include in ur list some of my ideas with the right english cos mine is trash.
My ideas were writed yesterday in ther ideas post above this one. And also id like to add....

Cheering up people takes too long. Pretty much u spend the whole day in oder to do it. I think is simply 2 much.
sarke04

Postby Borys » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:08 pm

Humanity wrote:Sorry to say but you're wrong, Borys.

Yeah... I could make the signature: "I'm right unless there's a bug". ;) Good thing is there are really not many bugs in TWOM. Am I right? :)

About 5 survivors at a time - we're looking into it. Kinda interesting bug. Maybe we'll leave it as a feature? :)
Borys

Postby sarke04 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:47 pm

lol. Is a bug? I even survived with 5 chars a couple times already...
Last one I did From day 23 till day 41 with the 5th of them having 3 shotguns, a couple helmets, 2 pistols, 4 guitars builded in home, 3 asault riffles 1 bulletproof body. :p
And I also didnt have to steal a thing. Only kill bandits and take normal suplys.
And of couse resist selling the unexpected 4 days. I were expecting the war over the 37 day. and It didnt happen till 41. :-S

So yeah. Have 5 chars is posible and also is posible to survive with them.
And Yeah is posible to play only with marco and survive having only him the whole game. (At lest with the wardrobe bug that is already corrected in steam version but not in my old one)
sarke04

Postby wimspree » Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:34 pm

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо
wimspree

Previous

Return to Enter this forum and ask all you want to know about the game.