It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:52 pm

Ideia and Q&A Compilation - Start here!

Ideia and Q&A Compilation - Start here!

Postby zero » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:47 pm

This is a compilation of suggestions made here in the forum by users and on Steam, hopefully it will make it easier for everyone to keep up with stuff. In red what was already dismissed, in green what is confirmed.

In italic are replies to questions, made by the 11bit Team.

I'll do my best to keep it updated.

1. Ideas / Suggestions
    2. GUI / Overall game improvements
    3. Q&A

# Ideas / Suggestions #

- Multiple salvagers to single/multiple locations
    - Co-op ["At the moment we do not plan co-op. This is single-player experience."]
    - Hardcore Mode;
    - Starting options + Selectable duration of the play (longer - short);
    - HQ 'time wasters' / improving character skills: Weight lifting: increases carry weight, the more you've gained from this the harder the next point will be.
    - Different HQs, ability to relocate (after scouting?);
    - MODS
    - Equip / dequip characters with changes to their appearance;
    - Attrition between characters (leaving some to stay versus others to scavenge);
    - Character traits should be upped, to further distinguish between characters;
    - "Others" track you down if they spot you stealing/harm them ('Defend the base' ensues);
    - Traps: set / be caught in them (noise, lethal traps);
    - Burn enemy bases or 'help the resistance'
    - Meeting characters that left the HQ, later on;
    - More random events at the HQ (more ppl knocking at the door asking for stuff, trying to invade, etc);
    - Killed the guy in the supermarket when he was already walking with the girl, but she kept going (maybe she should stop immediately? And kiss me on the cheek!);

- More of... everything. ["we'll be working on updates + we already have ideas for future updates!"]
# GUI / Overall game improvements #

- Log-like place to get additional information "Diary can held “house info”, character’s bios and additional data, like “game log”;
    - Tooltips for info; / (Optional) Characters may comment actions and their chances, if cursor stays for some period over the icon.
    - information window “we have been attacked” (and other windows, like starting one.) has no “click to continue”
    - Confirmation windows for chopping HQ furniture;
    - Force a specialization in the HQ rather than being 'easy' to build everything (Hardcore Mode?);
    - More voice acting / dialog;
    - Keyboard shortcuts (scavenge/weapon cycle at least, characters, ); Right now Tab cycles characters ["Unfortunately we simply didn't have time to add these controls as well, but like I've said, we're trying to add as much as we can in one of the upcoming updates." / "... we're working on adding some other controls."]
    - WASD camera control (useful for laptops)
    - Aggro meter or the "open palm" looter symbol always works or some clear rules about it;
    - There should be an option to either turn off the radio music or have it controlled by the master Music slider (Unsure if the music makes any difference to the mood, if so, it should definitely be controllable in the options), same goes for guitar playing;
    - Moving already built stuff should be allowed;
    - Should be able to use stove (cook more plates) if 1 or 2 are already cooked;
    - If the game gets more "complicated" it would be useful if there was some way to make notes about places;
    - Active pause or Change / control in-game speed ["we've decided to do not add this feature, because playing our game should be an experience, within which You actually do feel like the people You get to control and we think that this feature could've change it into some sort of strategic game which we didn't want. To be brutally honest, people out there trying to survive during war - they don't have any kind of pause button. As for controls in your home - I think that now, when You know, that there's a Tab button it will be much easier to plan your day."]
    - Remove the possibility of "exploiting" the cupboards to store/hide stuff. [Soon.]

# Q&A #

- When a character leaves will he return? ("Character won't come back.")
    - Is there a public demo? ("No. Our main focus is on the game itself - introducing new content/ideas, fixing bugs etc.")
    - Pre-order? ("Yes. Once pre-ordered is done, be sure you will receive Steam key on the release day and some extras only on Games Republic: https://gamesrepublic.com/game/strategy ... e,148.html)
    - Game Manual [Wiki: http://thiswarofmine.gamepedia.com/This ... _Mine_Wiki]
    - Wallpapers? [1 here » http://www.11bitstudios.com/11bitfiles/ ... een_01.jpg]
    - Is there an ending for this game, or another possible ending choice rather than pure survival until everyone dead? ["The goal is to survive war. If you make it when war ends - you've made it."]
    - how long is a run/a war going to take? Like half of a year in-game or it's purely random? ["The lenght may be different. Sometimes it's 25 days, sometimes much longer."]
    - About that radio? ["having a radio gets you some news, less or more important."]
    - About 'Broken' Characters. [When a character is broken the other one (who is not broken) should always be able to talk to the first one and drink with him/her (provided there is any alcohol in the fridge). If it doesn't work in certain conditions, let us know, please - we'll look into this.]
    - Where does randomization occur? ["Different things [may] happen everywhere, including supermarket."]
    - About healing. [There are plenty dependencies in the game - however, above all: it should work as you feel it works. If I were you, I'd rather use bandages for severly wounded but I would hope that light wounds would heal themselves. But you know, shit happens.]
    Platforms:

- Windows & Linux & macOS available
      - iOS ["You can expect iOS and Android versions in 2015."]
      - Android ["You can expect iOS and Android versions in 2015."]
    Language Support:

- Korean ["Alrighty - I informed proper staffers, let's see."]
    - Spanish ["There will be Spanish. We have a delay because we want to make it great. So please expect news about Spanish version sometime soonish."]
    - Will there be translation / language X or Y? ["... the languages list is not finalized yet - so we hope to add more. The real issue is that there's huge amount of text and it's very expensive to translate the game."]
Last edited by zero on Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
zero

Re: Ideia and Q&A Compilation - Start here!

Postby Ramon65 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:42 pm

Great compilation zero. ;)
Ramon65

Postby BOWi » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:29 pm

Ramon65 wrote:Great compilation zero. ;)

I agree! Congratulation!
BOWi

Postby zero » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:09 pm

BOWi wrote:
Ramon65 wrote:Great compilation zero. ;)

I agree! Congratulation!

Thanks. If you spot something that should be added or changed, let me know. Just updated it with some additional info.

Btw, found an interesting little tip in the wiki that explains a lot:

Do not come armed to a trading location, these locations are neutral and regardless if you brought a gun or a tiny knife the guards will be all over you and the worst part is that they will never forget your face...
Note: Trading locations include Central Square, Hospital, Military Outpost, Garage and the School. (The Garage and the School Locations are 50/50 chance of either trade or danger.)
zero

Postby Mostarda » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:48 pm

first of all, thank you for making a great game!

Im Brazilian and I was glad you translated into our language! Thanks.

although the game is difficult, I got to the end the first time I played... despite arriving only with a character and would surely die a few days later. But only 43 days??? I got to imagine that it would last at least 100 days or more! That is my main criticism. perhaps make easy, medium and hard levels with more duration, maybe 200 days? 365?

I think a single player game should last at least a 45 hours, got to the end in just seven hours...

I would NOT like multiplayer as some are asking, rather it would focus also on making the best single player current with constant updates!

I would like to put a CHILD like character, and maybe even a DOG who could help on defense and on Scavenging, or even make a difficult decision to kill him and eat him.

Upgrade the bag also would be cool.

I always forget the places we visited only by name! if I could have a photo of the beginning of each scenario, and a "Diary" to annotate items that we found but left there would be quite useful!

I hope to receive a feedback =)
Mostarda

Postby Borys » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:17 pm

Your compilation is impressive. :) And helpful to us, also. Thank you!
Borys

Postby Mostarda » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:18 am

In this update, You increased Days of war? Or is coincidence ? Because I'm already on 45! hehe
Mostarda

Postby Sonatta » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:40 am

Question: Is the possible character in your base limited to 4 at a time or can I have more than that?
Sonatta

Postby Borys » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:42 pm

Mostarda wrote:In this update, You increased Days of war? Or is coincidence ? Because I'm already on 45! hehe

45 days were possible from the start. :)

Sonatta wrote:Question: Is the possible character in your base limited to 4 at a time or can I have more than that?

You cannot have more than 4 characters at a time.
Borys

Postby Sonatta » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:21 pm

Borys wrote:
Sonatta wrote:Question: Is the possible character in your base limited to 4 at a time or can I have more than that?

You cannot have more than 4 characters at a time.

Aww, guess I have to kill off one of them. Thanks!
Sonatta

Next

Return to Enter this forum and ask all you want to know about the game.