It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:05 am

game breaking mechanics, the cupboard storage.

game breaking mechanics, the cupboard storage.

Postby DeathXIII » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:52 am

Recently people found out as long as you don't fully loot a cupboard in your base, you can store everything you have in it and bandits can NEVER steal anything from you, cause you have "nothing"

I feel like this tactic is infinitely closer to an exploit rather than a interesting hidden trick that player should find out. It just seems to take all the tension and fun from the game, also it mess with the difficulty curve designed by devs.

I wonder what everyone thinks about that?
DeathXIII

Re: game breaking mechanics, the cupboard storage.

Postby uberSnow » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:35 am

This is interesting, I think developers should think how to change it or prevent such situation.
uberSnow

Postby Jolly Roger » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:52 am

Yeah, the most visible way to fix it is to forbit 'drop' at the base.
But, it is not the only option to save items. You can take the most valuable items on the mission and hide them there. :lol:
I don't think, that last one should be considered as 'bug', because looks somewhat realistic and unlike cupboard, requires a lot of manipulations with this "hidden stash".
Jolly Roger

Postby DeathXIII » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:13 am

I think what Jolly says doesn't count as game breaking trick as you need to give up valuable backpack space every time you'd need to hide or retrieve things, also you can't instantly access whatever you hid (unlike the in-base cupboard).
DeathXIII

Postby suntzu » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:34 pm

I'm just mad I didn't think of it myself tbh, I had considered taking this precious gear to other maps but it's really not worth the trouble imo, when every day counts and you have to go retrieve them.

it is a funny oversight though
suntzu

Postby Vagrant » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:16 am

Never thought about this either, good find.

Though losing items to raids is not something I worry about, they hardly take anything, unlike your survivors who can clean you out without notice lol.
Vagrant

Postby Jolly Roger » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:51 am

Vagrant wrote:Never thought about this either, good find.

Though losing items to raids is not something I worry about, they hardly take anything, unlike your survivors who can clean you out without notice lol.

It is heavily based on RND, I think.
They can rob your character of all weapons(!) they were holding.
Jolly Roger

Postby DeathXIII » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:06 pm

when you already have good defense then it won't matter so much. But like someone else that come out with a solo survivor guide which heavily rely on this exploit early game so no one has too be on guard & never will get hurt.
DeathXIII

Postby brasswirebrush » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:16 pm

I agree that keeping things in the cupboards in your base is exploit-ish, and I wouldn't mind seeing it removed.

Doing the same on other maps should be fine though. You don't have instant access to them, you have to "spend" your nightly scavenge attempt to retrieve them, and you can easily get cut off from them for several days due to fighting.

Also, just as an idea if they really wanted to make it even harder they could have maps you've already visited lose materials over time to simulate other scavengers coming by after you.
brasswirebrush

Postby Borys » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:47 pm

brasswirebrush wrote:I agree that keeping things in the cupboards in your base is exploit-ish, and I wouldn't mind seeing it removed.

You won't mind then. Soon. :)
Borys

Next

Return to Enter this forum and ask all you want to know about the game.