It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:38 pm

Ideas + suggestions

Re: Ideas + suggestions

Postby bennli0 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:15 pm

Zyl wrote:Hello! Greetings from France. I love the game, very well-crafted, polished and detail-oriented, intuitive, with a good gameplay and story integration.

So, some suggestions!

1/I love the morale mechanic, and how each character has their own personnality. That said, I found the game a bit lacking when it comes to their relationships with their fellow survivors. Their being forced to survive together should help develop strong bonds (or tear them appart). So with that in mind, my idea is some sort of friendship or respect system. Each character starts with some sort of opinion on the others, depending on their personnality. For exemple, Zlata would almost universally be liked by the others, while Roman would draw some suspicion for his aggressiveness. Anton and Cveta might like each other given their common background as teachers, etc.
From that point, their relationship might progress depending on the events. For example, nursing a character back to health, feeding them, or talking them out of depression would greatly increase a relationship, as would bringing back some supplies the other needs (smokes, coffee, bandages, meds...). On the flip side, they would lose respect from committing acts the other disapproves.
Once two characters like each other enough, they might become friends, which would be mentionned in their journal ("I have grown to care for Arica. I respect her." ; "I am glad Cveta is here, I know I can count on her during tough times.", etc). Good overall relationships between the survivors would increase morale, and vastly diminish the chances of a character running away from the shelter. But losing someone they have come to care for would make them at least twice as sad as normal. It could also help develop a more human side to the selfish characters (up until Roman goes crazy because his friend died). And perhaps the epilogue could mention how they kept tabs on each other after the war ended and they returned to their life?
On the flip side again, if the characters' relationships become bad enough, there would be a lot more fighting, running away, and general grumbling, but they would not be very affected by their death.

2/More characters! I loved the dog idea I saw somewhere, but I guess it would be rather complicated. If you do think about a dog one day, please think about the possibility to eat it. And become severely depressed because eating your best canine friend was the only way to survive the winter.
An outdoorsman would be nice. Someone a bit more resilient to winter and sleeping on the floor, and maybe slightly more apt with the traps than the others?
A little old lady who used to have the most beautiful garden in Pogoren, with the ability to grow herbs and vegetables more efficiently? (I like the "useless" characters, having once finished a game with only Cveta left.)

I also would have liked it to be able to "recruit" survivors at night, or have them come to your shelter after some requirements have been met during quests. Like the supermarket girl, the sniper junction dad, or the hungry homeless guy.

3/As someone said, more options to achieve quests would be nice. I would have liked to be able to propose the "come guard my house, I'm afraid of thugs and I have a teenage daughter" lady to come and live with me for a few days, or nurse the guy wounded by a sniper back to health. Hosting (nigh useless) strangers would make life much more difficult for a few days (what with having to share the supplies and beds), but give a far better reward (and morale boost) when/if the quest ends successfully. And it would make temporary survivors to add some diversity to the cast.

4/As someone already suggested, I think, I would also like it if there were some reprisals to messing with the military or thugs during the Night, if they see you stealing for example. Even if you manage to get back to the shelter, they might track you down and attack, that sort of things.

5/If we're catching rats in the traps, and there are rats on some maps, and some NPCs are able to kill them... why couldn't we hunt them for a bit of food?

6/I think boarding up the house should have some effect on the temperature. Or rather, not boarding it up should make it far more difficult to heat it up.

7/Looters raiding the house at night should have a chance to die and leave us with some equipement if your group is really sufficiently armed and on the selfish side.

8/Maybe a possibility for the characters to overload themselves (add two or three more items than their max) when scavenging, at the cost of movement speed (and thus safety if the map is dangerous) and energy?

Nice [Drawing Base](https://sellartis.com/drawing-base/)
bennli0

Postby JakeLouat » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:36 pm

There are a number of ways to buy natural supplements for your dog. You can Buy Online Natural Supplements For Dogs, or you can ask your vet to recommend a specific brand. If you do decide to buy them from the vet, be sure that they are reputable and that they have a good reputation in the industry. If you find a particular brand works well for your dog, stick with it!
JakeLouat

Postby RaushniGupta » Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:29 am

Hello there, very Interesting! It's a wonderful blog. It's an excellent work of writing. Thank you for taking the time to write and publish such an important piece. Thanks, buddy! Visit Us: Delhi Tourism Blog
RaushniGupta

Postby eliananova » Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:37 pm

If you watch a lot of 4K content and want the most detailed image you can get, a 4K projector is the way to go. The step up in resolution from 1080p to 4K can be more obvious on a projector than it is on most TVs, due to the larger screen size. sharpness and all other aspects you look for in creating your home cinema experience, and nowadays it doesn't have to be an expensive investment, as 4K projectors are increasingly more affordable. So suggest me Best top projector.
eliananova

Re: Hello! Some questions and ideas.

Postby Brendan87 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:52 pm

Szed wrote:Hi! First of all I want to say I'm absolutely loving This War Of Mine, for day one release i've played about 6 hours so far and so I don't know all of the features of course so if anything I mention in this post is already in the game sorry. I'm loving all the features so far and my favorite survival horror games of the past few years, these are just some thoughts that came to me while playing.

1) If you attack a group of bandits at their base and don't kill all of them or they simply spot you stealing items, is it possible they could track you to you're base and they can make an assault on you're base a few days later and you would need to depend you're own base?

2) More traps for people, you could leave a trap set in an enemy base and leave it for them to find it and possibly kill some bandits.

3) Possibility to burn enemy bases? You sneak into an enemy base and its flooded with bandits and since you've gotten your supplies you can set a match and let it burn. They could extinguish the fire but if they left it they would need relocate base?

4) This somewhat relates to 2) but have cans or something that would make a noise if someone hit them while walking past? Have a string of cans hung up at the entrance of you're base or even in a room behind you when you were scavenging to see if anyone was coming.

5) More character personalities?

6) Is it possible to move your own base? Once you've scouted out a new location you could move there with you're group?

7) Larger variety of starting characters?

I haven't thought too much in depth with balancing issues with these suggestions but im sure there would be, I'll probably end of thinking of more items while playing.
Thanks for taking the time to read this and im looking forward to see what the devs can come out with in future!

cool!
Brendan87

Postby wimspree » Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:22 pm

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting
wimspree

Postby smithjjordan » Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:51 pm

As you guys are giving suggestions and ideas then i will add up a thing which is luxury vinyl plank flooring and i am giving the idea to buy these tiles for your home and offices to replacer your flooring because these are best in quality.
smithjjordan

PreviousNext

Return to Enter this forum and ask all you want to know about the game.