It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:06 pm

Great game....but too easy

Re: Great game....but too easy

Postby zero » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:43 pm

Fanb65 wrote:The game is full of stupidity and inadequacy :? , is not simulator REAL survival:

Well, if it's a "Simulator" how can IT be real? If you want realism, you probably should... like... go to Syria?! If I take a bullet in 99.9% of the games I can still manage to move like nothing happened, how's THAT for "realism"?

Like Jolly Roger said Gameplay > Realism, this is a "small game" with a lot of room for improvement.
zero

Postby zedsdead » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:26 pm

RNG? don't be silly... you know how to spot the save scummer from a mile away - there is always that one guy who reaches this inhuman level of mastery in such short time, and then gets up on their soap box as if they had "played" or "beat" the game and found it petty. let's all marvel at the superior intellect of this brilliant stratego, who somehow managed to learn it inside and out to the point of boredom in a day.

like oh something bad happened, so just leave -> continue -> rinse -> repeat until you have reached a favorable outcome. what the game makes very easy is restarting the day fresh like this over and over, so that you can keep reloading until that overnight raid went just fine, or the right guy comes knocking, or you learn every patrol pattern perfectly, while you can also back up your saves for later.

being a shameless reroller myself I see no problem with this, IF you have the sense to talk about it in some reasonable frame of reference. not pretending like you have the ability to adapt a flawless strategy to counter every conceivable event as they happen after just a few hours of gameplay.

Not true. I hate save scumming. When theres an ironman mode in a game, which is really rare, i rechoice. I get my optimal experience out of a game by living with the consequences from my choices. I don't restart when someone is killed, or the night doesn't play out as planned. i HATE that playstyle, cause i would get bored very quickly.

This has nothing to do with beeing superior, or reaching an "inhuman level of strategy". I just base my experiences from the playthroughs i did. For a survival game the ressources are too abundant. There is nearly no struggle, how else would you explain that i can achieve a nearly "well fed" all the time status, a great stockpile of meds and bandages + weapons and ammo EVERY playthrough? I don't save scum, i just play the damn game and think and plan ahead while i do it.

And no, i am not a god damn genius, i just like my games hard and ruthless, escpecially in the survival genre, and "This War of mine" is definitely on the easy side for a lot of people.
zedsdead

Postby suntzu » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:26 pm

zedsdead wrote:
And no, i am not a god damn genius, i just like my games hard and ruthless, escpecially in the survival genre, and "This War of mine" is definitely on the easy side for a lot of people.

so you must also realise that these games are being made for the majority, and putting in the time to master it yields skill, that's how life works. for every one of you, there are always 10 more players that are just as equally bored by challenge as we are by success.

and when they've not got the manpower to implemenet event and difficulty modifiers, we must rely on RNG. if anything this would be the only real shortcoming here, too much reliance on random chance rolls. the same run could be just as brutal come hell week, when all the supplies you've hoarded just disappear regardless of preparation.
suntzu

Postby Vagrant » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:34 am

zedsdead wrote:
Not true. I hate save scumming. When theres an ironman mode in a game, which is really rare, i rechoice. I get my optimal experience out of a game by living with the consequences from my choices. I don't restart when someone is killed, or the night doesn't play out as planned. i HATE that playstyle, cause i would get bored very quickly.

This has nothing to do with beeing superior, or reaching an "inhuman level of strategy". I just base my experiences from the playthroughs i did. For a survival game the ressources are too abundant. There is nearly no struggle, how else would you explain that i can achieve a nearly "well fed" all the time status, a great stockpile of meds and bandages + weapons and ammo EVERY playthrough? I don't save scum, i just play the damn game and think and plan ahead while i do it.

I feel much the same way about games these days.

If there is no challenge there is no reward. For instance I just picked up Wolfenstien- new order, set it to max difficulty straight off the bat and it's really a joke, if it wasn't for the story I would not even play it, the game play is braindead.

This game by comparison is infinitely more challenging, there is actually chance of failure, not many games deliver this these days. That's what I love about indie games, they aren't afraid to go against the grain of typical restrictive, linear button-mashers. Creative control is such a wonderful thing.

Another game that I have been enjoying is Darkwood, it can be quite brutal especially if you play on perma-death, definitely recommend it.
Vagrant

Postby Jolly Roger » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:33 am

It looks like that game is too random-based. Sometimes you have candyland and sometimes "rape train never stops".
Jolly Roger

Postby zedsdead » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:59 pm

i will play again after the next patch, even if they dont change something about the difficulty...when the next playthrough is easy mode again, i will put it on hold until they decide to put some modding tools out. Would be great for the game, mods always make a game better.
zedsdead

Postby Borys » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:09 pm

All I can tell you for now is that we're reading your opinions/needs and we're thinking and/or working on implementing (some of) them in the near future. Stay tuned!
Borys

Postby wimspree » Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:32 am

wimspree

Postby wimspree » Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:13 pm

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо
wimspree

PreviousNext

Return to Enter this forum and ask all you want to know about the game.