It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:53 am

Great game....but too easy

Re: Great game....but too easy

Postby zedsdead » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:41 pm

@vagrant

i think you can...maybe an optional hardcore mode would be perfect.

And if you blame it on luck...i never experienced anything near what you described..if you get raided succesfully then had to few guards posted. On the assault&theft phase where you get raided every night you need at least 2 or 3 guards and enough ammo, then you never get raided successfully.
zedsdead

Postby svedric » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:35 pm

Vagrant wrote:...

Had a similar run just recently where I had the worst luck ever, got raided like 6 nights in a row people were lethally wounded (fully barricaded-full weapons) used up 6 bandages in as many nights, it was brutal, barely survived.

it seems you didn't place guards i think? i've finished now my third game, and while i've not all defense upgrades i place at least two guards, and one after its barricaded. Maybe you've not enough ammunition left, at the end each raid used between 5-15 ammunition.

btt.
Actually due the lack of challenge i'll try the anton, cveca scenario without adding others to the house :) Seems really interesting, especially through the low amount of carrying slots, i make now everytime before an raid notices about what i need :>
svedric

Postby Vagrant » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:41 pm

zedsdead wrote:@vagrant

i think you can...maybe an optional hardcore mode would be perfect.

And if you blame it on luck...i never experienced anything near what you described..if you get raided succesfully then had to few guards posted. On the assault&theft phase where you get raided every night you need at least 2 or 3 guards and enough ammo, then you never get raided successfully.

Even with 2 guards full barricades and alarm system reinforced door, 6 melee weapons 3 shotguns and 30 ammo they can still breach and wound. But that is irrelevant since the harsh RNG scenarios can happen at any time. Getting a string of hard raids early on is crippling, as I said it's all RNG based.

Some runs are just plain easy like your run was, it's boring I agree, that's why I restart if that happens. I don't think difficulty scaling would work very well for this game, it might only be feasible if they tweak RNG or just have longer campaigns with critical objectives - ie) get to a location and fight for it's resources before it gets looted by other survivors (air drops etc)
Vagrant

Postby zedsdead » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:09 pm

Ok, maybe the chance to get crippled is there, but 9 out of 10 times if you make no mistakes and know what you are doing, your golden.

In all of my runs at about nearing day 30 i had enough supplies to stay alot at the shelter if i wanted. Doesn't matter if i start in winter time or not, so the chance to get crippled is really low, or you have to make a lot of mistakes to screw your game up.

Supplies are too abundant, food, meds, bandages, etc., a hardcore mode could reduce the chance to find valuable stuff for example, etc.
zedsdead

Postby whitekess » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:25 pm

Vagrant wrote:
Had a similar run just recently where I had the worst luck ever, got raided like 6 nights in a row people were lethally wounded (fully barricaded-full weapons) used up 6 bandages in as many nights, it was brutal, barely survived.

but what happens (you were raided and lethally wounded) if you exit game to menu and get back? now, you were raided but no harm at all (just spent a few rounds).
whitekess

Postby suntzu » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:26 pm

Vagrant wrote:I don't think it's entirely fair or rational to say it's too easy because the RNG favored you once or twice.

RNG? don't be silly... you know how to spot the save scummer from a mile away - there is always that one guy who reaches this inhuman level of mastery in such short time, and then gets up on their soap box as if they had "played" or "beat" the game and found it petty. let's all marvel at the superior intellect of this brilliant stratego, who somehow managed to learn it inside and out to the point of boredom in a day.

like oh something bad happened, so just leave -> continue -> rinse -> repeat until you have reached a favorable outcome. what the game makes very easy is restarting the day fresh like this over and over, so that you can keep reloading until that overnight raid went just fine, or the right guy comes knocking, or you learn every patrol pattern perfectly, while you can also back up your saves for later.

being a shameless reroller myself I see no problem with this, IF you have the sense to talk about it in some reasonable frame of reference. not pretending like you have the ability to adapt a flawless strategy to counter every conceivable event as they happen after just a few hours of gameplay.

zedsdead wrote:On the assault&theft phase where you get raided every night you need at least 2 or 3 guards and enough ammo, then you never get raided successfully.

not true. let me tell you about bad RNG, or any other such modifiers that would affect this - by the third week of my last run we had a fully stocked fortress just like you describe. with every reenforcement, food, meds, coffee, cigarettes, alcohol, hookers, all armed to the teeth with ammo for days and an arsenal of assault rifles, pistols, shotguns for every man.

war doesn't care, war does what it wants

strong doors and lots of guns are apparently no obstacle to armed and hungry bandits that can see you living in the lap of luxury, who even managed to steal our bullets as they were being fired at them. along with all our food and meds, faster than we could trade, steal, or craft them. after a string of raids literally every night, by the end of the 4th week we had nothing, with a band of starving and wounded survivors on their last legs.

in a well built house with a nearby hospital though they still managed to pull through, but it was by no means what anyone would call easy, and I could only pull it off by learning from all the failures before that.
suntzu

Postby BOWi » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:06 am

@zedsdead: That is funny. I read similar things about State of Decay (an other Resource Management game) and I sadly found that game to be hard as hell. I haven't tried TWOM yet...
BOWi

Postby Vagrant » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:12 am

whitekess wrote:
Vagrant wrote:

but what happens (you were raided and lethally wounded) if you exit game to menu and get back? now, you were raided but no harm at all (just spent a few rounds).

I wouldn't get much enjoyment out of the game playing that way, it would defeat the purpose of the game :S
Vagrant

Postby Fanb65 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:10 am

The game is full of stupidity and inadequacy :? , is not simulator REAL survival:
1.1) that costs a sugar that you can not just stuff down, only spirt, well delirium same could be at least as eat, for the mood;
1.2) or tea drink for increasing temperature.
2.1), the temperature of which is common to all, it is impossible to insulate the windows, "dressing" of characters, full zanny lost as 7 days winter that already says a lot.
2.2) there is no expansion of inventory, not offset.
2.3) can not walk into a crowd of raids, at least two people to cover up, there is absolutely no logic to wander into one character, in the end every night this intelligence, because of what the game turns into a dull farm location by 3-4 times
3.1) items that put houses, do not matter where to put, it was really hard to make a "comfort zone and utility" separately for each room in the basement of a capacitor or a bed in a huge hole in the wall - one garbage, and taak Ok! No comments
3.2), the strategy is completely absent, and in terms of defense, home and not to mention the combat system.
4) The characters do not differ from each other, all the fucking whiners who can not normally kill a bandit and opened his veins, and the not god of the system of moods, because after all, "physically" the characters are not very different.
all know how EVERYTHING! And pick locks and crafting gun (In life, too, probably all still can, yeah). The lawyer knows how to put the alarm, and cook healthy bull has the same weight as the petite girl. This is not the norm.
verdict:
Sims for "the boys", the simulator bum kazual gaming, sandpit, arcade, time killer.
This is not war! :cry:
Fanb65

Postby Jolly Roger » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:25 pm

2Fanb65
Come on, pal!
You right at some points, but most of these features are look like a starting point for expansion or DLC.
Making the game of dream isn’t an option when you have to pay rent and salary every month. I wish that TWM would be successful enough to expand in development.

If we are speaking about realism, well.
Gameplay > Realism.
It is the rule of thumb or something like that.
I assure you, there enough “realistic” survival games, like Unreal World, but playing them are a real pain in a log run. Sims like gameplay of TWM is exactly what such games need.
Jolly Roger

PreviousNext

Return to Enter this forum and ask all you want to know about the game.