It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:13 pm

What is the best way to get a child interested in math?

Here you can talk about your Squad Tactics.

What is the best way to get a child interested in math?

Postby SouthSidde » Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:24 am

The best way is to bring math into the real world. Kids are people. We all hate doing things if we don’t see the point.

To teach geometry and measurement, build a shed. To teach money, decimals, or percents, go shopping. To teach fractions, measure or cook. To teach multiplication or division, plan a party where you need to figure out how many servings of food and how to divide up treats.

I’m not saying that all math needs to be taught using these types of activities. There is a place for worksheets. Sometimes you just need to practice a skill over and over until it becomes automatic. However, if you start with the practical application, the student will see why they need to learn it and they will put more effort into it.

An alternative to worksheets is computer based skills practice. IXL and ALEKS are examples you can search for but there are many out there. However, they aren't anymore inspiring than worksheets so don’t rely on them alone.
SouthSidde

Re: What is the best way to get a child interested in math?

Postby Exploer2225 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:25 am

If you want to teach your child math, the best way is to imagine being a kind of Sherpa guide in the mountains. They climb, you just go helping.
Visit fourth grade math lessons for the best math teaching anywhere.
Set interesting puzzles and help your child solve them. 4th grade? Maybe find out if there is an infinite number of primes (don't just teach him the proof - let him work it out), or some kind of group theory, or a proof of the Pythagorean theorem, or something like that.
Exploer2225

Postby Diam » Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:03 pm

Your article really stands out among the sea of content I've gone through. Keep up the good work! domiciliation entreprise tanger
Diam

Postby Reena » Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:55 pm

You've got a clear winner here. Well done! domiciliation société tanger
Reena

Postby LealBarron » Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:50 am

I do not even know the way I finished up here, however I thought this put up used to be great. I do not recognise who you might be however definitely you are going to a famous blogger if you happen to are not already ;) Cheers!best xxx sites
LealBarron

Return to Taktyki Oddziału / Squad Tactics