It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:59 am

Checkpoints are killing this game for me....

...and here we talk about reviews, gameplay, cool ideas for Anomaly Warzone Earth and stuff like that. And it's for PC and Mac computer users too.

Checkpoints are killing this game for me....

Postby kirbinski » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:57 am

Firstly it's worth saying I've enjoyed this game a lot up until but am beginning to get fed up with it - the reason being the checkpoint system. On more than a few occasions now I've found myself a significant portion of a way through a level doing well (I play Advanced difficulty) with all vehicles in tact. I take a run at a group of towers, do badly and loose some vehicles and therefore decide to revert to my last checkpoint.... only to find the game's just automatically updated my last checkpoint to my current position. I therefore don't have enough vehicles left to complete the level, my last checkpoint is rendered useless and I'm left no choice but to restart the level - this is really beginning to get tedious and kill the fun for me, I'm finding myself playing the game less and less.

This problem could easily be rectified if the player was given the option to revert to any of their checkpoints in a given level. Please fix, I don't want to fall out with this game :-(
kirbinski

Re: Checkpoints are killing this game for me....

Postby admin » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:10 am

Hey,
Indeed, it doesn't work correctly each time. Luckily, most often it works fine, sometimes the checkpoint saving point was chosen in a wrong place. Anyway, we'll fix that via next update.
Quick-save option would be most useful :?:
admin
Site Admin

Postby kirbinski » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:25 pm

Indeed, a quick-save option would be a great addition to the game - are there plans to include one in a future update?
kirbinski

Postby admin » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:31 am

Hi,
I'm going to talk to the designers if it's possible, and if hopefully yes, if it could come with the next update. Most likely, it would work separately to checkpoints.
Making quick-save work together with checkpoint or giving the option to choose whether you want quick-save or checkpoints - well, that would require huge major redesign of the game.
admin
Site Admin

Postby kirbinski » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:38 pm

How did your chat with the designers go? Any idea if and when a quick save function might get released?
kirbinski

Postby admin » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:52 pm

Sure thing it's doable, but currently I can't say when the update will go live exactly.
admin
Site Admin

Postby paketep » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:10 pm

So.. what happened?. I had two really bad experiences with the checkpoints and I've put the game into the penalty box until those are fixed or savegames are implemented.

Any chance that could happen this year?.
paketep

Postby admin » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:57 am

Yes,
\it takes some time, but we'll deliver.
admin
Site Admin

Postby paketep » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:21 pm

Ok, I'll wait a bit more then.

Thanks!.
paketep

Postby Mloren » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:54 pm

Any news on when this quick save feature will be implemented?

Also not sure if this is a bug or an intentional choice to make the game harder, but I got to level 13 and suddenly there are no checkpoints at all! This is killing it for me. I get so far and mess up and then have to restart from the start.
I wouldn't even mind so much if it at least saved once near the start so that I didn't have to rebuild my squad every time. Gets frustrating very fast.
Mloren

Next

Return to Anomaly Warzone Earth general discussion